CHAPTER 23

a.n ughuhogfga school is a bore heh, but pls pls check out my youtube channel! just search up 'renee mercado' and it should come up :)

RECAP: "I'm all for you and him being together, but once he starts challenging and touching you inappropriately. I will make it my business," he threatened before walking over the same direction I just came from humming a soft tune which I didn't realise for a brief minute that it was the tune from 'Kiss The Girl'

   "Here, I thought you might like this," I revealed and threw a small container at Arsen who caught it with ease in his large hands. 

     It had been two days since we last saw each other and in those days I had recollected my thoughts and remained expressionless. After the argument, I had stormed off into my room, trained like it were my last days before clearing out my mind for this day. I had come with a peace offering, which was to my mother's delight, and to continue gathering information. Realising that the war was coming, I knew that any information would be of great help and through my current circumstances, spending time with him was the only option. 

    "What's this?" he inquired inspecting the outside of the box, his nostrils flaring to find any scent. Calming my nerves down, I forced myself to breathe through my mouth before giving him a polite smile with my hands behind my back.

      "It's not going to kill you," I insisted, motioning him to open the small container. Since our previous conversation, I only had the basic information of who he was, previous to his rogue circumstance and after an entire night of baking, I only came out with three golf ball sized goods. My insides mushed together as I watched his fingers grasp the hem of the lid and with caution, peeled it off with curiosity.

      My wolf was yapping happily as we watched him take a look at what was inside the box. At first, his eyebrows looked as if they were stitched together, but after a few seconds of him sniffing the contents, I watched his expression melt away. His eyes lit up with an emotion I had yet to encounter from him, they looked like a pot of swirling honey and I could feel their warmth radiate metres away from him. He bit his lip and his head tilted back before I knew it, those eyes landed on me with such intensity I squirmed in my spot. 

     "Homemade cream puffs?" he beamed, disbelief was written on his face as he stared.

     "Yeah," I squeaked as I felt the heat in the back of the neck, my face burned. 

     "Did you make this?" he asked me and pointed to the three cream puffs that sat in the container. I nodded back in reply and bit my tongue before I said anything else. Out of the twelve cream puffs that I had made, only three of them were deemed perfect in my eyes and were the exact ones that were in his very hand. Five torturous hours of making and re-making the same recipe and only three were the best ones seemed absolutely ridiculous, but they were the best and only the best would suit the mission.

        I gulped as he picked one cream puff up and opened his mouth to take a bite. I wasn't the greatest cook in the entire world, but my wolf and I knew that this was one step we had to take. I took a shaky release of breath before he bit into the puff and I noticed how the white cream inside of it slightly peered up from under the pastry before being devoured by Arsen. I prayed to the Goddess I didn't poison him as he took slow bites as if judging the taste of my creation. I noticed my fingers had crossed behind me and managed to bring a small smile to my face. He had already eaten one cream puff, but there had yet to be any sign of emotion in his face as he was still judging it. 

  A minute passed and I was beginning to think I had poisoned him.

    "This was exactly how my mother used to make it," I heard him croak and my eyes met his beautiful ones.