CHAPTER 31

a.n hello my babies!!!! i hope you're all doing well...

thank you so much for 400k reads!!! gahh this is so cool! keep sharing this story, voting and commenting!! it would mean the world if we could get this book to a million reads before this book ends!

so please comment, like and share!!! 

also, i have a very important message regarding a very important issue on my profile page so please consider going to it and checking it out!

and when i mean important... i mean IMPORTANT

dedicated to @its_Ninna because her comments make me smile

-

"You cannot be serious! I thought we already discussed that we weren't going to be giving him a room," I strictly told my mother who simply sat across from me. I could feel steam coming out from my ears as I stood in front of her, fur standing up whilst leaning against the office table.

My idiot twin brother casually sat next to her as if unaffected by my angered state and briefly glanced at Arsen who sat on the lounge chair in the corner of the room. I could feel his stare travelling across the expanse of my body, I almost shivered if it wasn't for the fact that I was completely and utterly furious. I was secretly happy he was covered in masking perfume

"You watch your tone with my young lady," Mother warned, her Luna tone coming through her throat. In the corner of my eyes, River flinched away from her and I almost rolled my eyes, momma's boy. If I wasn't the next Alpha, I too would've flinched at her voice, but as I took in a deep breath I managed to stand my ground.

"I thought we agreed that if I visited Arsen from time to time in prison we would not give him a room," I restated in a much calmer tone. I took a quick glance at the troublesome rogue and noticed the surprised expression that flitted across his face.

"Yes, we did agree. And you did what you had to do, but River and I agreed that it was time to add some more pressure. Especially with the current issues arising," she defended whilst implying the rogue situation at hand. 

I felt a frustrated groan escape my throat as I brought my hand up to rub circles against my forehead. I felt another headache coming on. "I know, I know. You don't have to tell me twice." I grumbled. I breathed in and recentered myself.

"You've just potentially put our family in some form of danger by allowing him to roam around the grounds," I pointed out whilst pointing a finger towards Arsen. "I know it's because you want me to be with my mate and whatever, but placing our family in danger is not how it should be done." 

Mother scoffed and folded her arms across her chest. "I've taken the precautions needed to make sure that my family is safe. Warriors will be taking turns watching him and will only be allowed to roam if attended by a warrior. I thought you would've trusted him by now," she countered.

"I-I," I started before I breathed in again. Stay strong, stay strong. "I trust him to an extent, but it's only on the surface. I don't fully know what he's capable of." I decided to say knowing full well that the wolf we were talking about was sitting in the same room, staring at me.

"I was dealing with this whole thing my way, and you went behind my back and against what we agreed on so that you could have your way," I began. "But, in doing so, you've potentially put us, regardless of the precautions you've taken, in danger. He could easily find the weak points in security within our very walls and allow more rogues to infiltrate the pack grounds, especially our home," I finished. I felt the anger within my bubble at the thought of Arsen in my very own home, Goddess, moving into a room so close to my family's.