CHAPTER 27

a.n i'm back in america and i'm about to start uni this week ahh. thank you so much for sticking by and continuing to put up with my schedule!

pls vote and comment, i tried making this chapter extra long 💕💕

previously on the female alpha - "I guess we're both trapped for different reasons. But, I'm determined to become Alpha, and you have to learn to sacrifice these small things," I said softly. My wolf was nodding in agreement and waited ever so impatiently for his response.

"I mean you put your own mate in a jail cell because you want to protect the pack, so surely they think you're capable of running a pack," he pointed out, emphasizing the word 'mate' and I felt my stomach twist. My wolf nodded in agreement as my faced flushed.

-

"More of our warriors have spotted rogues along the east border, surely they are looking for something. I suggest we place more warriors here," my father pointed his finger on the east side of the map before he leant back in his chair.

"It's probably the rogue locked up in the cells, maybe they are trying to find a way to free him," my uncle commented, eyeing me carefully.

"They have 300 warriors of their own, what makes this one so special?" another wolf intervened, a warrior of high-class. A round of agreement sounded off in the meeting room.

"Maybe the rogue has very valuable information?"

"No, if it were so valuable then they would have launched a full attack."

"Oh please, if they managed to get in our borders once, they are fools to think we'd allow them to let them in again."

"And yet here they are, what if it is not the rogue? They are looking for our weak points! They know our east border has been less protected previously or they are distracting us from our north and south entrances!"

"May I suggest-"

"We should launch an attack on them instead!"

"If we attack now we have the element of surprise!"

"But-"

Gruff voices spoke in harsh tones as they argued over our current circumstances, the room reeked of big egos as male voices piled on top of each other. Testosterone filled the air and as the only female in the room, my wolf and I suffocated in its stench. In the corner of my eye, I watched the creases in my father's forehead deepen, the grey in his hair shining brightly in the light as he sank further into his chair.

I looked away from him and towards my brother who seemed deep in thought. Soon enough his eyes flicked over to mine, I motioned to the commotion surrounding us and all he could do is lift one eyebrow as he signalled me to speak as we both knew the information I held was of great importance.

"If you could all just be silent for one moment," I cleared my throat, my voice became deeper and I felt a wave of confidence over me. Using this Alpha-like tone the bickering had halted and all eyes were on me, even my fathers.

"I'd like to add that this rogue knows their leader, I suppose that means he is of high importance, therefore, a reason to the additional rogues spotted along our borders," I began. "Although this rogue is probably second-ranked in their forces, I agree with some of you that the extra rogues surrounding our borders are in fact to gain knowledge of our patrol. Who takes what shift, where do they go, etcetera. But adding more of our wolves to the borders means less protection within, we only have so many and although we outnumber by only a little, we must remember that rogue wolves are dangerous and unpredictable.