CHAPTER 30

a.n i'm sorry for not updating! how is everyone doing with quarantine? I'm doing alright I guess. also, does have graphic designers wanna make me some new book covers? i think i need a change :)) 

Arsen followed the twin brother down the hallway who was happily ranting about how one of the female warriors kept giving him the crazy-eyes. The 'interrogation' was nothing more than River happily ranting and gossiping about the mediocre things that have been happening within the castle walls whilst showing him the many rooms that were down the one hallway.

"This section of the castle is the west side or 'business side', meeting rooms, gym and of course, my mother and father's study," River told Arsen who trailed behind him like a lost child. Arsen took in his surroundings, the entire place had given a modern-medieval personality with exposed stone walls and wood. "Also, what's it like living as a rogue? You know my sister and I never really ventured out into the forest unless it's for training and we've only ever encountered you and the history books," River asked, giving Arsen a raised eyebrow.

The rogue only glanced at him and shrugged nonchalantly. "Wasn't terrible, not the greatest food, rough sleep, but the company was nice sometimes," he replied back as they continued to walk into a more open part of the castle. "Huh, expecting more of an answer, but that's fine," River hummed. "So, what's the deal with you and my sister?" 

Arsen almost looked taken aback by the sudden question as his mate's twin looked at him with curiously excited eyes. He was reminded of a child pleading for something. "What do you mean?" he asked cautiously. "I mean, you are my sister's mate, so what's that like?" River responded back. They continued to walk into what seemed to be the front of the castle where the stairs split into the sides, a chandelier dangled from the ceiling, the place continuously reeked of wealth.

"I don't know, you tell me," Arsen mumbled as his mind wandered around the place, noticing how fitting this entire place was for the high-class family and especially his mate, who was nowhere in sight. "That is not a good enough answer," River huffed next to him, resting his hands loosely on his hips. "Also, this is the foyer, where the east and west wing split. The top half is our living quarters, but the east is for the family, the west is for guests. The bottom east is the dining, kitchen, east garden and the bottom west is where we just came from," he continued. Arsen only nodded in reply.

"Now, back to the topic. We both know my sister is stubborn and hot-headed and what-not, do you find that part of her attractive?" River quizzed as they walked towards the kitchen and dining part of the house. Stunned by the brother's forwardness, Arsen felt any reply leave his brain. 

'Certainly, this was not Armelle's brother?'  he thought to himself, he felt his wolf nod in reply. 

"I don't see how that information would be of any use to you," Arsen blurted and took a good look at his surroundings. The large dining room was a spectacle in itself. A large table, fit for at least twenty wolves sat in the middle of the room, chandeliers hanging above and large ebony coloured chairs seated itself around the thick ebony table. Large, arched like windows that were placed in the far back of the room was draped with thick curtains pushed to the side that allowed the light to stream through.

"Well I can't help but ask my sister is not one to spill her secrets and it's getting awfully boring around here, not enough excitement," River huffed. "This is the formal dining room, by the way, we have a much more intimate area further into the castle. This is for parties and whatnot, nothing special and hardly used," the younger wolf waved off.

-

"A now we've come to the end of the tour, our bedrooms. Not exactly sure if I'm supposed to show you our private quarters, but eh. This is my bedroom," River pointed to a double door on the right side of the hall. Arsen merely nodded, his interests slowly fading as time passed. He wondered how the younger male had so much excitement inside of him as they walked further down elaborate hallways.