CHAPTER 33

a.n. i hope this chapter was okay, i honestly wish my writing was more fluid. i really love the way that @hepburnettes and aspire to write like her one day :)

It had seemed that even though I stayed up later than I usually would, I woke up feeling refreshed and possibly even lighter than usual. Stretching my limbs, I walked around the room and looked out of the window. The sun was high and overlooked the warriors who trained a distance away, I could hear their grunts and the clash of bodies from where I stood, and I knew I would be training among them soon.

War was coming, we didn't know when, but we did know who was controlling the rogue war and what kind of rogues we were up against. My father was probably readying the warriors, asking our allies to lend a hand and preparing our pack for the worst. I knew in my heart that my warriors were capable of defending, but I also knew that we had no real clue of how intense these rogues were. They could be on the brink of insanity or fresh our from a pack, either way, they were abundant in numbers and probably have grown in the span of a few weeks.

"What do they want from us anyway? They'll go insane in a few weeks maybe months of not being apart of a pack, how does tearing one down help them at all?" I muttered under my breath. "Revenge? It's not going to help their case if they end up going full rogue anyway. Unless they formed some sort of pack themselves and thus holding on to their sanity?" I debated my answers for a few minutes, thinking of all the possible conclusions. "Wait, how long has Arsen been a rogue? He has a brother too, right? It seems like they've been a rogue a long time, but they haven't gone insane yet," the questions were whirling in my head as I felt myself pace around my room. "What about his mother and father? Are they still alive? Are they rogue too?" A sigh escapes my lips, I was more curious now than ever and found myself glancing at the training grounds one more time before turning away.

I brushed my hand through my hair as I began to start my morning routine. My head was hurting once more from all the questions that continued to pile up in my mind. Putting on some workout leggings and a gym tank, I found the strength to start moving out of my room, hopefully, leaving the pile of questions there too.

Grey and Dakota were screaming loudly down the stairs and their tiny footsteps running around the ground floor as I moved down the hallway. A burst of deep laughter rang through the halls that sent a chill down my spine. It didn't take me too long to figure out whose laughter that belonged also. "Didn't I say to him to stay away from my siblings?" I muttered and picked up speed. I followed the boisterous, squealing laughter that echoed throughout my home and eventually found myself at the top of the stairs.

The sight I saw made my heart clench. Sunlight streamed out from the windows onto the foyer where my siblings were chased by none other than Arsen. He was dressed in a beige cashmere top and light blue jeans as my siblings, hair still ruffled and eyes bright. He was playfully growling at the pups, running after them back and forth as if they were prey.

"No, no, you can't catch us 'Sen!" I heard Grey squeal, dragging her brother along by his sleeve before disappearing behind the next room.

"You can't run from me little pups," he laughed, my mouth twitched upwards. Arsen paid no attention to me, probably didn't even have to time to take a whiff of the air as he too disappeared behind the walls of the next room, possibly towards the kitchen. This was definitely not the Arsen I knew. 

'He's chirpy,' my wolf hummed as we also followed them. My feet padded down the stairs and towards the aroma that wafted into my nose. I noticed that Arsen had only sprayed a small amount of the masking spray as it mixed in together with the smell of freshly made pancakes. I heard more laughter bellow out the closer I got.