CHAPTER 24

RECAP: "Without another second, I grabbed his warm palm into my own and tried to ignore the immediate sparks that radiated from the touch. Not maintaining eye-contact, he pulled me up with ease and a grin plastered on his face.

          "Alright, let's go have some fun,"

Pls comment your reactions!! It makes my day

"Your version of fun is a waterfall? Do you just stare at it all day?" I blurted out looking at the scene in front of me.

Although my confusion as to why we were here had not left yet, I took in the gorgeous sight. The white water had cascaded down a series of rocky outcrops before splashing down into the clear pool below. When Arsen asked me about a nearby waterfall, this was the only place I could think of. Last time I was here was when I was a little pup, a camping trip of some sort I believe with my family, and now standing in front of this beautiful place in front me, I couldn't figure out what was so fun about staring at a waterfall.

"Nope, we're going to jump off it," Arsen grinned as he stared off into the distance, his tanned skin sparkling in the light.

Stop it

"Excuse me? Jump off the waterfall? Do you understand the risks of jumping off a waterfall that many feet high? Even with our werewolf healing, we have no idea how deep this pool is," I exclaimed staring at him incredulously. I heard his smooth chuckle echo it's way into my ears, and I gulped.

"Scared Ms Alpha?" he coaxed his left brow raised again at me. I scoffed.

"I'm more cautious, rogue," I countered back.

"Loosen up, I'm supposed to show you how to have fun. Now, let's get to the top of that waterfall, but first," Before I could begin finding some form of a comeback, Arsen had taken a hold of his pants and slid them down quickly down his toned legs and the words got stuck in my throat.

"W-what a-are-' I had begun in a stuttering manner before I swizzled around into a flushed manner. My face turned into a hot oven as my wolf-whistled in an unlikely manner, my senses called out to me in ways I didn't think could be conjured and I hastily tried to think of other things.

"Don't worry you can look now, sheesh, I'd like some of my clothes to be dry," he defended and I quickly tilted my head to the side to make sure he was telling the truth, a breath of relief escaped me and I turned around with my cool hands covering my face. My eyes adverted his and nodded.

"It's your turn now, do you really want to get these pretty clothes wet?" he gestured, his eyes drifting down to my clothes and then back up, my hands instinctively wrapped around myself and looked away.

"Do you expect me to jump off that waterfall? I don't think so, I have a pack to run," I scoffed.

"Oh come on, I thought Alpha's weren't meant to be scared," he drawled.

"Alpha's put the pack first, and me getting injured in the middle of a war isn't the best decision," I pointed out and shook my head as I imagined my father scolding me for such un-Alpha like behaviour.

"But you owe it to yourself to have fun, and you're only an Alpha-in-training, you can have a little fun once in a while,"

"No, I won't do it, come on Arsen, you need to understand that an Alpha, even one in training, has to start thinking for their pack, above anything else," I finally concluded, and turned my back away from him in hopes he understood the calamity of the situation. A few moments later, I heard the familiar exasperated sigh behind me.