CHAPTER 21

The talk was light, however tense as the continued to eat quietly, only a few words exchanged between each other

The talk was light, however tense as the continued to eat quietly, only a few words exchanged between each other. Arsen watched almost every move that she did, cautious of any move she had planned to do, he probably thought of dozens of scenarios and had a response for each one of them, trying to think one step ahead of her. He cursed about how he would love to be able to read her mind. Of course, with similar, stubborn personalities, Armelle was doing the same, he had gathered that through her calculating eyes that watched him. 

   "So, to keep this lunch not boring, let's make it interesting. I ask you one question, you answer, then you can ask me a question. We can pass a question you don't want to answer," Armelle suggested, her eyes sparkled with interest as she took a sip of her drink. Curious, Arsen looked up and gave her a boyish smile, liking the idea.

    "Who goes first?" he asked before going back to his food, stabbing the poor steak and cutting himself a piece. 

     "You first, you're the guest, ask away," Armelle replied, he recognised the hint of a challenge underneath her cheery tone.

      "Alright, what's your favourite colour?" he teased, although he was not curious in actually knowing her favourite colour. He watched Armelle raise an eyebrow.

      "Interesting question, my current favourite colour is either dark blue or black. What's your favourite colour?" she asked back, although this time, her voice filled with curiosity as she placed another piece of deer meat in her mouth.

       "Black, obviously," he chortled and smirked as she rolled her eyes, muttering an 'of course' under her breath. 

        "Do you have any other siblings other than River?" was his next question.

        "River and I were part of triplets, I have younger twin siblings, both annoying, but you gotta love them," she shrugged. Arsen only nodded before his mind remembered his own brother, probably plotting his next plan of attack against all Alphas.

          "Siblings can be very annoying," he grumbled under his breath as he remembered his youth days when his brother was as innocent as a lamb but would love to annoy him. How times have changed.

          "What about you, any siblings? I'm sure you've mentioned your brother once, but you know-" she said, hinting at how his brother was also apart of the ever-growing war. Arsen sighed heavily, knowing what she meant.

           "Just my evil brother and I. He was much more innocent before you know, but I'd rather not talk about it," he said, dismissing the topic before it even begun. Armelle's interest heightened at his words as she put her hands onto the table and leaned forward. 

        "Interesting," Arsen heard her say under her breath.

        "It's a trip down memory lane I suppose, maybe next time, in the future," he told her and even though he didn't think about it, he hinted at a promise that there will be a next time. He watched her blush for a mere second before she easily replaced it with a firm nod.