CHAPTER 9

p.s please read baby steps! it's finished!

s please read baby steps! it's finished!

I had instantly regretted even considering spending time with him, River, smug as ever had decided to pester me about it every damn second. My mother gleefully went on with her day and father sulked behind her, mad about the outcome that the meeting had gone. Like me, he was keen on keeping him locked behind silver bars and me not meeting him, but he knew the consequences of not being with a mate for too long.

Two days after the meeting I had tried to gather the courage of going back to the prison, but my pride would not be wounded and I managed to avoid the prison and my momma who asked me every hour if I was going there. I had to tell in a smooth tone that I working on it, but instead, I was avoiding it. I couldn't face him. Emerald had been persistent in telling me that we should meet our mate, but I had ignored her for those two days and shut her off, she whined about it.

Grey and Dakota managed to keep me company throughout the two days, they came with me to training as Uncle Jacob pestered me about him. All he wanted to do was apparently teach him a lesson for hurting our pack members, and make sure he doesn't do any funny business or he dies. I smirked at his last comment.

On the third day, I managed to suck up my pride and during the night time, had begun the dreadful walk to the prison where the warriors were lined up a good distance away from the prison. I was thankful that they had listened to my request and they watched over the prison just a few meters away, just enough so you couldn't overhear our conversation. Even though the prison walls was almost sound proof. I sucked in a breath a took the walk up the stairs, each step heavy with anxiety as I inhaled the sweet scent of cinnamon and apples. My stomach churned in delight, Emerald howling in happiness as she felt her strength return to her slowly. I hummed in satisfaction, feeling renewed as if I took a nice warm shower.

As I made it to the top of the staircase, the scent had hit me even harder and it crawled on my skin, creating goosebumps in its wake. My breath hitched as something warm spread throughout my body and it tingled in delight. I resisted the urge to inhale it more, as I knew what would happen if I did. I'd succumb to the bond and I knew we couldn't have that. The Moon Goddess was truly playing tricks with me. I bit my lip as I made it infant of his door, through the wall I could hear a large in taking of breath and my mind had begun to think of ways to initiate a conversation. All I had to do was spend some time with him, momma never said to talk to him, but she'd probably stab me if she knew I didn't talk to him.

I had to make my time use, or else what was the point of spending ten minutes in a dingy old prison with someone who is a potential threat to my pack?

I took an encouraging deep breath in and unlocked the prison door with the keys in my right hand. I pushed the heavy door with one hand and quickly shut the door behind me, eyes closed and breath smooth. The scent felt like a blanket rubbing across my skin, the intoxicating smell made my entire body feel warm and nourished as I practically bathed in it. I exhaled and opened my eyes, I knew I was wasting time and turned around to see Arsen Black. He looked much better, the warriors were feeding him enough to stay alive and his skin, even though dirty, was not painted with red. He did, however, look tired and the only place which seemed painful was the red swollen rings around his wrist and ankles. The silver was going to make a scar, a doctor had recently patched up his wounds to make sure they would not get infected. But, seeing them still burning his wrists moved something inside of me, but it was probably the bond trying to pull us closer.