CHAPTER 29

authors note

hello beautiful people! I sincerely hope you are doing well! as many of you know the coronavirus has made many schools, jobs and businesses shut/close down to prevent spreading, so many of you are home (hopefully). I am at home social-distancing myself from the world and even though my university courses have moved online, I have more time to write or catch up of things I haven't been able to do!

remember to wash your hands, cover your mouth and nose when coughing and try to stay home as much as possible just in case! I'm sending all my love and wishes to everyone and enjoy this chapter!

-

 The morning sunlight had streamed through the little window of Arsen's cell and the cool morning air nipped at his skin as Arsen grunted awake. A few days had passed since Armelle's visit and as usual, he found himself waking up in the early morning as the sun hit perfectly at his face. The flimsy blanket had kept him warm, but the shackles on his legs were cool and easily made his toes curl in discomfort, at least there was a pillow to even the feeling out.

It had been ages since he shifted, although he had opportunities to do so, he knew deep down that if he did, trouble would come his way and he wanted to remain on Armelle's good side. His wolf was content on staying inside if it meant keeping his mate near, so it was easier to contain him. 

Arsen opened his mouth to yawn loudly, ears perking up to hear the small talk between the warriors outside the jail walls. As usual, they were brief and boring, nothing interesting of the sort and although he couldn't care less, it made living in a cell bearable. He had spent his days wandering aimlessly around the cell, scratching the concrete floor or thinking about his mate, who was to become Alpha.

She was stubborn, yet had a soft-side if you were on her good side, but could easily beat you in a fight even if you were experienced. She was someone who would do anything and everything for the people she loved and was both selfish and selfless all at the same time. Arsen hated Alphas, or maybe as this point, particular ones. He promised he wouldn't admit it out loud. His past, especially his brother had fostered a very strong dislike towards authoritative figures, but being around Armelle had certainly made him second guess his opinion.

Arsen let a puff of air escape his lips before he decided laying on the cold ground was tedious. Bringing himself to sit on the ground, he brought the blanket to rest on his lap and his back against the wall. His stomach grumbled softly, last night's meal was chicken soup and two slices of bread, although it was warm and reminded him of his distant childhood memories, it was not enough to satisfy his wolf hunger. His appearance began to become slimmer, although he did his occasional workout of pushups and situps, he could feel his physical strength weaken. 

He didn't want to admit it, but he missed Armelle's visits and even though they were never one. regular schedule, it has been days since he had last seen her. It was probably because there was no one else to talk to who was even willing to visit. Either that, or he missed her company, her smell, her personality and even just her. Although, he would never say the latter out loud.

Suddenly, a new scent made his ears perk up.

It had a hint of familiarity, but nothing entirely recognisable as different voices echoed the prison walls. It was a female voice mixed amongst male voices, it got his curiosity up at the amount of authority that flowed out of the woman's voice. 'Certainly a Luna,' he thought to himself and he couldn't help but stand up.

"I know what I am doing, if we are to move forward we must make these decisions," he heard her voice clearly articulate. The male voice responded in quickly, "Momma, we have to take certain precautions. Trust me, I'm all for it, Elle needs this push, but remember there are hidden dangers lurking in this plot."