CHAPTER 34

a.n. i am so shocked at what just happened in Beirut, Lebanon. 2020 is not going well for any of us, especially those in the middle east. for more information please visit this link in the comments ->

After that heated moment, the electricity sizzled down, but the tension between us continued to remain. I had escorted Arsen back to his room so he could change today's gym session; no other exchanges had occurred as we walked there in silence. I mind-linked Warrior Carter to inform him of the changes as I waited by his bedroom door, reliving what happened in the kitchen.

It has now become apparent how easily we were affected by the proximity of each other. My skin still burned from his feather-like touches, my mind consumed by his scent. This entire predicament was distracting, and it wasn't fun to delve upon. I was cursing to the goddess for the tenth time for giving me this rogue. Arsen's bedroom door opened.

I gave him a quick once-over, noticing how he wore plain black basketball shorts and a loose black tank top that revealed his toned muscles. Seeing my movement, he gave me his signature smirk and gave the gesture back, causing me to glare at him.

"Come on, let's go. I've been dying to do workouts, especially combat training," he grinned.

"I hope you're ready for it, I don't train like the normal warriors around here," I warned him, walking towards the direction of the gym, Arsen in tow.

"Don't worry, and I've got plenty of warrior training. I think I can handle it," he boasted.

Scoffing, I picked up a bit of speed, "let's hope you remember your training than because I won't go easy on you."

"Oh, I count on it."

Once we reached the gym room, I motioned Arsen to go first, which he happily obliged and took in the large place in front of him. The gym was spacious, with an outdoor sparring area on the other side with large windows that allowed the natural light in. The centre of the inside room was for hand to hand combat, a raised platform with ropes going around the perimeter. Surrounding it was various gym equipment and an area for towels, light food and water.

"Typical, alpha families always get the best things," Arsen muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked him, fiddling with the speaker buttons on the side of the door. Music began to stream through the room as I selected which genre I wanted to listen to before going to an empty area to start my stretching.

"Nothing," he dismissed, looking away from all the equipment and followed my actions. I raised an eyebrow but left him to his thoughts; maybe he was just overwhelmed by everything.

I allowed my muscles to slowly loosen up, feeling my body course through with adrenaline as the blood pumping through my veins. Arsen and I found ourselves without chatter, individually working on specific areas of our body as we stretched in silence.

About ten minutes passed listening to the beat of the music before we made any real progress. I walked towards the treadmill to do about ten minutes of running on one of the fastest speeds. In the corner of my eye, I watched Arsen get comfortable with all the equipment, finally picking up some weights and doing some reps. More silence followed, listening to the human that was blasting nonsense through the speaker. I hummed to the lyrics as I ran on the treadmill.

The blood was pumping through, although I hadn't broken a sweat, ten minutes later I decided that was enough warm-ups and stopped my running. "You ready to try sparring Arsen?" I asked him, turning around to see that he was on the treadmill as well.