8. Stubborn

Much to Mina's dismay, Kuri and Bakugo hadn't talked for almost two weeks. Not since that day when the three of them had been absent from school. To be fair, they had no reason to speak, but Kuri and Bakugo had been hanging out for the first few days, and she'd thought things were going to be smooth sailing from there, but apparently not.

It seemed like those first few days had just been a coincidence. But Mina was sure that they should be together. Or at the very least, they should be friends. And Mina was starting to think that maybe it wasn't just chance that had caused them to suddenly stop talking. Something had to have happened.

She had tried to ask Kuri about it the day when they came back to school, but Kuri had just looked away guiltily and said, "I'd rather not talk about it." Though Mina really didn't want to take that for an answer, she thought it'd be better not to ask. Plus, she knew that Kuri would probably tell her sooner or later anyway.

That day, after it had been two full weeks since Kuri and Bakugo had spoken, Mina and Kuri were taking the elevator back up to their rooms, she noticed that Kuri was looking more upset than usual (since she had been a bit down ever since whatever had happened with Bakugo). She was leaning against the elevator wall, and kept sighing, almost as if she was trying to get Mina to ask what was wrong. Since Mina was fed up with not knowing what was up, she decided to just ask again.

"Kuri, can you just tell me what's wrong?" Mina asked. Kuri looked over, slightly confused. You've been down ever since that day when we stayed home from school. I promise I won't tell anyone if you also wanna keep it a secret." Kuri tilted her head slightly, then sighed.

"Yeah, okay I'll tell you now," she said. The elevator reached their floor as she said that, so they got out. "So, it has to do with Bakugo."

Well, duh, what else would it have been?

"Remember when you said that I should go back to his room to watch over him?" Kuri asked. Mina nodded. How could she forget? It had been an improvised part of her master plan. "Well, things were going okay-ish, and when I was leaving, I called him Katsuki to tease him and he got mad. He kinda pushed me or whatever, so I got kinda mad."

HE PUSHED HER?! God, I'm going to have to have a word with him. Though Kuri probably shouldn't have pushed his buttons like that...

"It didn't hurt and I wasn't sad or anything, but I'd just woken up, so my eyes were being funny and I teared up," Kuri said. "I thought that it seemed so dramatic, and I decided to say something cool, just for laughs."

Just woken up? Wait, that's not important right now.

"What'd you say?" Mina asked.

"I said, 'For the record, Bakugo, I despise people like you.'" Mina gasped.

"What?! How'd he react?" Mina asked. Kuri really isn't that smart after all... She may be intelligent in class, but she sure doesn't have common sense. Not that I have room to judge though.

"Oh, he didn't do anything," Kuri said. "I left the room, and closed the door behind me, then I sprinted back to my dorm and locked the door because I had immediately regretted my decision. I'm pretty sure he thought I was being serious. I really should've said that it was just a joke... Anyway, I haven't talked to him since then."

"Why not?" Mina asked. Kuri really was creating serious roadblocks on the path to getting her and Bakugo together.

"Well, he's probably angry at me now. I mean, he scowls at me all the time."

"He scowls at everyone."

"Fair point."

"Why don't you just go down the hall to his room right now and tell him that it was a joke?" Mina asked.