16. Class 1-B

After a relatively uneventful winter break, Kuri and her classmates all returned to their regular classes. Most of the school day had passed on by, and it was time for training. More specifically, it was their first time doing joint training with Class B. Kuri would finally be meeting the other students in the hero department.

Her class was walking to the locker rooms to change into their hero costumes, and Kuri was chatting with Mina.

"Dude, don't you think you should try to make some moves on Bakugo?" Mina asked. Kuri raised her eyebrows and glanced at Bakugo, who was far out of earshot.

"I guess I should?" Kuri said. "I'm not a very flirty person, nor am I confident, but I'll go try something, I guess."

She slid up beside Bakugo, who made no note of her presence other than a glance.

"Hey," Kuri said, much less smoothly than she'd planned.

Oh no, how do I flirt subtly? Is this what I get for never talking to guys? This is going to be terrible.

"So, are you still mad at me?" she asked, sticking her hands into the pockets of her blazer and finding a random coin. Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"I thought we resolved this a month ago."

"Well, I'm just making sure... Anyways, wanna walk back to the dorms together after class? Since we're totally friends now," she said sarcastically.

"No."

"Bruh. Whatever, I'll follow you home then," she said with a laugh. "Oh, and open your hand."

He gave her a strange look but still followed her instruction and held his hand out. She pulled her hand out of her pocket and placed the 500 yen coin in his palm.

"What's this for?" he asked.

"I don't know. A bribe?" Kuri mused. "I'll talk to you later!" She made her way back over to Mina quickly.

"Girl, I'm terrible at this," Kuri said. "I literally gave him a coin."

"No, you're not terrible~," Mina said. Kuri gave her a look of disbelief. "Okay, you may be a bit unskilled, but he's not really an easy target. You'll do better next time!"

Kuri sighed. Why was she even trying? She was never much of a go-getter when it came to finding relationships, so why was she putting more effort into Bakugo? Kuri guessed it was because she knew he wouldn't pursue her. The only way for anything to happen was to initiate it herself.

A little later, after everyone had changed, they walked out onto the field and were met by the other class.

Class B's teacher, Vlad King, said how the training was to be done in groups of six, with three students from both classes, then began listing the teams.

"Kendo, Koda, and Monoma versus Nakano, Ojiro, and Shinsou."

As expected, I don't know anyone in my team other than my classmates. And I don't even talk to Koda and Ojiro. This'll be boring...

After the groups were all named, they were told to group up. Kuri hopped over to Ojiro and Koda. Ojiro had a troubled look on his face, and Koda seemed to be trying to frantically cheer him up.

"So, who are we with?" Kuri asked. After she said that, three people walked over: a girl with long orange hair, a blond dude, and a purple-haired guy that Kuri recognized from somewhere. Then it clicked.

"You were in the sports festival," Kuri said, pointing at him. "The one who was up against Midoriya." The purple-haired guy raised an eyebrow at her.

"And who are-"