7. Sick

Kuri woke up coughing. She guessed that her little sickness really had become a cold. It wasn't like it could stop her from going to school though, right?

Well, it turned out she was wrong. And that'd she'd passed her cold to two people: Mina and Bakugo.

She understood how Mina had gotten her cold since they'd been hanging out a lot. But with Bakugo, it wasn't like they'd been hanging out that much... Okay they actually had been. She'd spent hours with him while she'd done that packet, and then more time when they ran together, and even more time when they'd fallen asleep next to each other the night before. How did they keep managing to do this? She didn't get it at all.

When her classmates had found out that she was sick, they told her to stay home for the day. Mina and Bakugo both had more "severe" cases so they "obviously" had to stay home. Kuri didn't get it. It was just a cold. She went to school sick all the time. That was how she kept her record of zero absences since kindergarten. And now that streak was broken. She thought she was healthy enough to go to school, but she didn't actually know how Mina and Bakugo were doing.

While they were all eating breakfast (minus Mina and Bakugo), Mr. Aizawa had come in to see if he should let them be absent or not, and somehow all three of them had to stay home for the day. He had said that they could stay in their dorms for today only and that he'd be giving them make-up work for missing class. Kuri hoped that it wouldn't be another one of those packets.

Kuri went back to her dorm, thinking of ways to spend her day, now that she didn't have to go to school. She could spend time on social media, or binge some anime, or read, or draw, or write, or study (bleh). What time was it back home? She did the math in her head. It was around 5 pm there, so she could call her parents... but they'd probably ask why she wasn't in class. She didn't feel like explaining.

She ended up watching some shows until lunchtime rolled around. Then, she headed downstairs to go eat, and Mina was there, sitting alone, with her food half-finished. She looked up at Kuri.

"Oh, hey! Are you feeling okay?" Mina asked. "My cold isn't as bad as Mr. Aizawa says. I've just got some sniffles and coughing. What about you?" Kuri got some food for herself and sat down across from Mina.

"Eh, I'm fine. I don't see why we had to stay home," she replied. They ate and chatted for a while until Mina was done eating.

"I wonder how Bakugo's doing. He didn't eat breakfast, and now he's not coming down for lunch. Do you think he's still sleeping?" Kuri asked.

"Maybe you should check on him," she said, wiggling her eyebrows. "Anyway," she said, getting up. "I'm done eating now, so I'm going back to my dorm. Make sure you check up on Bakugo~"

Kuri rested her head on her hand. She was kind of worried about Bakugo, but couldn't he take care of himself? He was probably like a year older than her. Still, she worried. Even with a cold, he should be able to lug himself downstairs to eat. Unless he was too sick to do even that. She knew he wasn't gonna die or anything since Mr. Aizawa would've sent him to a hospital if that were the case, but she was still worried.

And that's why when she'd finished up her lunch, she found herself standing at Bakugo's door. Before she could stop herself, she knocked on his door. There was no response, so she slowly opened the door. She peered inside and saw Bakugo starfished on his bed, with the sheets half covering him, looking hot (as in temperature) and breathing in a slightly labored way. He'd been staring at the ceiling when Kuri opened the door, but his gaze quickly darted to her, and he scowled.

"What are you doing here? Go away," he said. Kuri stayed in the doorframe but pushed the door open some more.

"Sorry, it's just that you haven't eaten yet breakfast or lunch, so I was wondering if you needed to be reminded? I guess." Bakugo rolled over in his bed to face the wall.