23. Work Study

There were three reasons why the sports festival was amazing.

One: Kuri had gotten to spend some precious time with Bakugo. Not like she had any shortage of him nowadays. They already hung out plenty. Well, that is if you can call walking to and from school together "hanging out". Plus, their impromptu chats in between classes or when lounging in the dorms.

Two: she had been a freaking badass in the last round of the sports festival and subsequently got first place. She couldn't help but grin with pride whenever she thought about her victory.

And the last reason why the sports festival was amazing was the week-long break they got afterward to heal from any injuries they'd sustained. Kuri relished in the time she got to relax and play video games as her sprained ankle healed.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, which brings Kuri back to class. But maybe this ending brings about a new opportunity? Find out next week!

Just kidding.

Anyways, it was homeroom, which meant it was time for Mr. Aizawa to give some announcements.

"I'm sure you are all aware that the pro hero draft picks have begun in earnest ever since the sports festival," he said. "Like last year, regardless of whether an agency requested you or not, you will be doing a work study; however, this time for the rest of the school year."

A work study? For the rest of the school year?!

Work studies weren't something she was unaccustomed to, but they sure weren't something she liked. Then again, what did she like about hero work?

The constant fearing for the lives of her and her loved ones? The fact that you're useless when it comes to problems that can't be solved by beating up someone? What about the amount of corruption and injustice within hero society?

None of it was appealing to her.

Midoriya handed her a stack of papers, which snapped Kuri out of her internal monologue. Since Mineta had been expelled, his seat was free, and now she was no longer in that awkwardly placed extra desk.

Kuri took her papers, passed the rest of them to Momo, and began to read. It was a list of the agencies that had drafted her. Her eyes skipped to where it said the number of requests.

2438.

Woah.

That's pretty freaking cool.

Kuri was happy that so many agencies were interested in her; but, she did not want to have to look through the ridiculously long list of requests. Unfortunately for her, she didn't have time to get a headstart on looking at who picked her since Mr. Aizawa started class right away. It looked like things would have to wait until later...

-----

Bakugo had gotten 2291 offers from different hero agencies across Japan. Only 2291. All because he'd gotten fourth place.

What. The. Fuck.

Despite this embarrassment, he was still sure that the best of the best had drafted him. The offers had been sorted by agency, from most to least reputable.

At the top of the list, of course, was Endeavor Agency.

Even though he was currently the number one hero in Japan, Bakugo had some qualms about joining Endeavor's agency due to the things Todoroki had said before. I mean, who would wanna work with an abusive piece of shit?

Maybe he could go back to Best Jeanist's agency? He did want to get a different experience, though... And not have to wear jeans again.

"So, Bakugo, where do you think you're gonna go?"