2. The Dorms

After class was over, Kuri found herself being escorted to the dorms by practically all of her classmates. At least that's what it looked like. That Bakugo guy was nowhere to be seen. She wondered if he was still mad at her. She probably shouldn't have said those things about him. Besides the fact that it was rude, it was probably the deciding factor in her getting her ass kicked by him. And that would not be ideal.

Mina was clinging to her arm currently, which was making Kuri tense up, and the others in class weren't too far away either. Kuri was used to being in the spotlight in the sense that she was being praised, but she wasn't used to this kind of attention. You'd think that being top of the class would mean you'd be popular, but it tended to have the opposite effect. People often resent anyone who is at the top, but Kuri knew that it was mostly out of jealousy, and there wasn't really something wrong with her, right? It's not like she asked for or wanted people to pay attention to her.

"You'll love the dorms," Mina said suddenly. Or maybe she had already been talking and Kuri hadn't noticed. "They're great because we all get to live together, hang out together, and even eat together! It's great to be able to spend so much time surrounded by your friends."

Sounds like a lot of time together... Will I be able to just stay in my room by myself without facing some sort of social guilt? Probably not. Although I guess it can't be that bad.

"Speaking of eating," the yellow-haired guy said. His name is Kaminari, right? "The food is really good here."

"Of course the thing you'd mention is the food," the girl with headphone jacks on her earlobes said. I think her name is Jirou. "But you aren't wrong; the food is pretty good."

"And the room is so big! You'll love it!" the brown-haired girl exclaimed. I think she said that her name is Uraraka...

"Well, I find the room to be a bit small, but I believe that's just because my bed doesn't fit quite right," another girl said. Kuri didn't know what her name was. She remembered her from the sports festival, but somehow her name slipped Kuri's mind. She was sure that it started with a "Y", though.

Kuri smiled at them, hoping they wouldn't try to quiz her on their names or something. "I'm sure that it'll be great there. I can't wait to unpack."

"Oh, and after you're done unpacking, we can take you on a tour of the dorm! Like that other time when we looked at everyone's rooms." Mina said. Some of the guys in class sighed audibly. It was clear that they did not have good memories regarding that event.

"Oh, Kuri," the green-haired girl said. What was her name? "We should also introduce everyone in class to you." Oh, thank heavens. Now I'll actually know peoples' names.

"Oh, that's a good idea, Tsu," the red-haired guy said. Oh, her name is Tsu. I really can't wait for them to tell me their names. He turned to Kuri. "After all, you don't really know everyone's names yet, so maybe we should introduce ourselves to you after dinner." The notebook guy popped up from behind the red-haired guy.

"And we can tell you about our quirks as well. And maybe you can tell us more about yours," he said with a gleam in his eye. She guessed that his suggestion was mostly fueled by his desire to learn about her quirk. It was pretty funny. She smiled.

"Sounds good to me." As she said that, they finally arrived in front of the dorm building for their class. The building was larger than she thought it would be. Standing at five stories tall, Kuri personally thought it was unnecessary. How large did a building need to be to fit just twenty people? Well, technically twenty-one now that she had joined them. But maybe she had to go inside to understand.