1. Arrival

Kuri looked out the car window as the driver took her up the hill to UA. She had been picked up straight from the airport, but lucky for her, she'd slept on the plane.

Though she did manage to sleep, she also managed to throw up, which hadn't been very fun. There had been turbulence when the plane had been taking off, which hadn't made her tummy feel too good. She was fine now, though. Hopefully.

Her nerves were starting to get to her. She was going to a new school after all. New classmates, new teachers, new environment, and she had to speak Japanese 24/7. Though she'd grown up learning to speak, read, and write it, she didn't feel prepared in the slightest. Just trying to pass the entrance exam had been nearly impossible, so how would it be to just go to the school?

She looked down to her lap, where her hands were gripping the fabric of her uniform skirt. She had always thought it'd be cool to wear a school uniform, but now that she was actually wearing it, she was reminded of why she didn't like wearing skirts. Not to mention that this one was super short. At least Kuri was wearing tights underneath.

The other thing she didn't like about the uniform was the shirt and tie. They felt restricting. Or maybe Kuri just didn't like button-up shirts.

Also, she was currently wearing her favorite hoodie (even though she was pretty sure it was against the dress code, but who cares). It was gray with a bright blue stripe around the middle. She liked it because it was big and soft, and it made her feel safe. Not to mention that it covered up the super embarrassing scar she had on her arm. She was glad that the villain who'd given it to her was in jail. She was also glad that she'd beaten him to a pulp for it.

The car pulled up to the school, and Kuri grabbed her backpack and stepped out. The driver rolled down his window.

"Your luggage will be delivered to your dorm. You'll be able to unpack at the end of the school day," the driver said.

"So where do I go now?" Kuri asked him.

"Go to the faculty office. Your homeroom teacher will be there and he'll take you to your new class. I can no longer assist you, so I'll take my leave now." Then, the man drove away. Kuri frowned and looked back at the entrance. For such a famous school they sure did have a pathetic welcoming committee. She shook the hood of her jacket off. She didn't want to make a bad impression on her classmates as the hoodlum foreigner. It was already odd of her to be wearing a hoodie when it wasn't in the uniform, plus it was bordering on eighty degrees, even though it was the beginning of October, and she didn't need people thinking of her as even weirder than she already was.

She walked down the brick path, staring up at the huge building, all glass and metal and concrete. How many floors does this building have? I wonder how many classes there are... After all, the acceptance rate is supposed to be super low, so why would they need this many classrooms?

She looked ahead, where there were three sets of doors to get into the building, each labeled with a number: 1, 2, and 3. I guess I should go through the "1" door since I'm a first year. I don't really know. They should've told me a bit more before they just let me loose in here.

She walked into the building and navigated the halls, hoping she would find the faculty office. If only she had remembered the school's layout. Or to bring a map. She did have a picture on her phone, but she couldn't remember the policy on using phones during school, and she didn't need to be getting in trouble on her first day.

Once she realized she'd gone in a circle, she stopped in the middle of the hall. What is with this school? Why is it so hard to find the faculty office? Maybe I should just use my phone...