Then, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to look at who it was and saw a tall guy with glasses looking down at her. She also noticed another guy and two girls standing nearby behind him.

"Excuse me, miss, but you appear to be lost. Do you need any assistance?" the guy said. Kuri smiled with relief.

"Oh, um, yes! Do you know how to get to the faculty office from here?" she asked.

"Just take a right down that hallway and it will be the 3rd door on the left," he said.

"Thank you so much," Kuri said, then walked in the direction the guy had told her to go in. She found the office and stopped in front of the door.

Oh gosh, I'm so nervous. What's the most polite way to enter the room? Why do I have to be so impolite all the time? I really wish I'd bothered to learn more Japanese customs. Should I knock? Probably. Maybe I'll throw a "pardon me" in for good measure. Kuri let out a slow breath and shook out her hands. She knocked on the door in a way that was strangely loud and croaked out a small "pardon me" before opening the door.

There were only a couple of people in the room, but one of them immediately stood up as soon as she entered. He had long, messy, black hair and was wearing some sort of long, thin scarf. Kuri also thought that he kind of looked like a homeless man.

"Are you Kuri Nakano?" the man asked. Before Kuri could answer, the man began speaking again. "Of course you are, now follow me." She did as she was told and followed him out of the room, down a couple of halls, up a flight of stairs, and down one more hall to a classroom: Class 1-A.

"Wait right out here until I open the door for you," the man said. He then went inside, leaving Kuri to stand out in the hallway on her own.

-----

Bakugo sat at his desk, with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face, as usual, waiting for the rest of the losers in his class to arrive.

Deku and his dumb nerd friends walked into class together, talking about some dumb shit as usual. On his way to his desk, Deku greeted Bakugo.

"Good morning, Kacchan!" he said cheerily. Bakugo made a low growling sound that came from the back of his throat. Deku's smile didn't fade as he sat down.

"Wow, Bakubro, you must be in a good mood today if you're not yelling at Midoriya!" Kirishima exclaimed. Bakugo grunted in response.

"Um, am I the only one questioning what this extra desk is here for?" Ashido asked. Bakugo glanced over for a second. There was a desk in its own row next to Ashido's. Just then, Mr. Aizawa walked in.

"Sit down, students. I have news: your class is going to be getting another student," Mr. Aizawa said. The extras in his class started questioning why someone would be transferring in at this point in the school year. "Quiet down. She's a transfer student from the U.S. and-"

"Wow, a girl from America? Wait, is that what this desk is for? Is she gonna sit next to me?" Ashido asked, clearly excited.

"I bet she'll be able to help us with our English," Asui said. Iida started doing the weird chopping thing with his arm, as usual, and decided to pitch into the completely useless conversation.

"Indeed, she will be a valuable asset in helping us with our studies, but we need to make sure we don't pressure her to help us, as to make her transition to this school as smooth as possible."

Kaminari leaned back to the other two idiots, most likely to pitch in his perverted two cents. He really shouldn't be saying that kind of shit when he sits next to a girl with a crush on him.