0. Prologue

Kuri looked down at the crinkled slip of paper in her hand. She wondered why it was that she was being called to the principal's office. It wasn't as if Kuri had done anything wrong, right? At least she didn't think she had. It was more likely that they were trying to put her in another hero internship. It's not like she didn't want to do hero work but... okay maybe a small part of her didn't want to. But it's not like she could let people know that she wasn't all too interested in being a pro hero anymore. It was too late for her to turn back at this point.

Kuri stepped into the office and gave her pass to the receptionist.

"Ah, you can just step right into her office," the receptionist told her. Kuri thanked her and walked away. She knocked on the principal's door and walked in.
"Hello. You wanted to see me?" Kuri asked. The principal looked up from her computer.

"Oh, yes. Hello, Kuri. I've been waiting for you. You can sit down right in front of me," the principal said as she gestured to the chair in front of her desk. She sat down, and the principal turned to face her, then folded her hands on the table. "I called you in here today because I wanted to discuss your future." Kuri smiled insincerely. Adults always wanted to talk to her about "her future" nowadays. Especially since she was in high school now.

"Everyone here at San Francisco Hero Academy has been able to recognize your talents, but I think our school may not be sufficient in supporting your endeavor of becoming a pro hero." Kuri gulped. "This is a mere suggestion, but I believe it would be best for you to transfer to UA high school."

"But that's in Japan?" Kuri said. Did the principal just assume that I'd be able to go to school in Japan since I'm half Japanese? I mean, I'd probably be fine, but still! Okay, honestly, I don't care.

"Yes, but you do speak Japanese, don't you? Also, it's the best hero school in the world. You are a remarkable student and an even better hero-in-the-making. I do not doubt that you will be able to pass the entrance exam. I understand that you may have a different idea of what you want to continue your education, but I do believe that this is the best course of action for you. I will be in contact with your parents soon to discuss this with them as well."

Kuri sat still in shock for a couple of seconds. Do these people seriously expect me to move to Japan and live there for the next three years? Well, it's not like I'll be able to say no to such an opportunity. Plus, it might be fun. She sighed, then plastered a smile on her face.

"Thank you very much, Ms. Adams. I'd be glad to attend UA."

(A/N)

Lol short first chapter but oh well. Y'all better keep reading cuz it'll get better, don't worry. Also, I apologize children there is indeed swearing but what can ya do when you're writing Bakugo? 

-chris