Time Marches On.. Or Does It?

3rd person~

Luther, Diego and Klaus watch as Vanya screams and begs for them to let them out.

Luther explains Vanya's powers to them.

Liana is sitting in a corner looking terrified.

"No, no, no, no, no." She says quietly as she looks around.

It seems that Liana's PTSD has engulfed her and she's fallen into a flashback.

"Even if Vanya has powers we can't just keep them in there." Klaus says looking into the room.

"Especially Liana, she doesn't look okay at all." Diego says noticing his sister balled up in a corner battling with her PTSD.

"Look, they're dangerous, as much as I hate it we might have to keep them in there." Luther replies.

"How is Liana dangerous? Her powers are not that threatening if you think about it." Klaus says.

"Yeah, I mean, she can definitely shock some guys but she's barely a danger to any of us." Diego agrees.

"You didn't see what I saw." Luther states.

"Her eyes had sparks in them and she formed some type of baton with her powers... and she looked pretty willing to hurt me if I'm being honest."

"What's with the secretive gathering?" Five says in almost a joking manner with his brows furrowed and a slight smirk on his face as he walks into the room.

"Five." Luther says as he walks in knowing he won't like what he has done.

Five walks towards the cage and looks into the window.

Vanya is banging on the door and Liana is in the corner.

"Let us out! She needs help!" Vanya yells at them.

"No, no." Liana whimpers as she cries with her hands shaking incredibly.

"What the fuck is she doing in there?!" Five says knowing she needs him.

"Five, she tried to attack me." Luther retorts.

"Probably for good reason!" Five spits at him.

"Get her out of there, you ignorant moron." He demands.

"I can't do that." Luther states.

"You can't do that?" Five scoffs with an enraged look on his face.

"She has PTSD you asshole!" He gets in his face.

Klaus' face turns to worry as he knows how horrific PTSD can be.

"She needs my help, and I can't do that if she's locked up in a goddamn cage!"

"Five, I'm sorry, but she stays put." Luther replies

"Now, you listen here, you big dumb ape." Five grabs  the collar of his coat.

"Let her out or I'll kill you."

Luther sighs and punches him in the face, knocking him unconscious.

~~~~~~~~

Vanya~

I was able to calm Liana down a little while ago and I'm back hopelessly clawing at the door.

"They're still afraid of us."

I gasp at the voice of my younger self.

I look up at the window and see my younger self.

"Even after all these years. Afraid of our power."

"You're not real." I shake my head knowing this is a hallucination.

"We killed Leonard."

"Because he lied to us."

"Not about everything."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know. You've always known. Our brothers and sister, are just like Dad, driven to keep us down, a muted voice, isolated from the group, never in the limelight, never the center of attention."

"It will never end. Not until we act."

"But they're our family."

"They fear you now. They're gonna keep you and Liana in here forever."

"No."

"Don't you remember what that was like? Staring at these gray walls, hour after hour, day after day while they played together? Do you want to live like this forever? For the rest of our lives?"

"And Liana?"

"You think she deserves this?"

"No, no." I cry and I start to gasp for air not being able to breathe.

Liana walks up to me and tries to calm me down.

"Hey. Hey, Vanya." She says softly rubbing my back.

"I can't breathe in here." I sob.

"Then do something about it."

"Embrace who we are."

"Save Liana."

I stop hyperventilating and start to use my powers.

I have to get out of here.

Get us out of here.

"Vanya?" Liana says looking a bit unnerved by me.

"You can help her understand, you're capable of more than you know."

I turn to my sister and place my hands on the temples of her head.

"And her powers could be very useful."

She cries out in pain but I know this is the only way.

If they think she's dangerous, then they'll get dangerous.

She doesn't deserve to be treated the same way I've been for all my life.

So, I'll help her.

By revealing her true self.

After a few seconds of her cries of agony she stops and looks up at me with her eyes full of sparking electricity.

Electricity is surging from her body and violently sparking from her hands.

I turn and let myself focus.

I use the sound of my heartbeat to break down the door.

"We're free."

Yes we are.