Old Habits

Liana~

"It's not exactly what I was expecting." Klaus says as we look down at Harold Jenkins' corpse with numerous sharp objects stabbed into his body.

"The understatement of the year." Five remarks looking very intrigued yet perplexed with the body.

"No sign of Vanya." Klaus states the obvious.

"Let's get out of here, before the cops come." Diego says.

"In a minute." Five says taking out the glass eye and kneeling down next to the body.

I get where he's going with this and I kneel down next to the body as well.

I peel off the temporary eye patch and Five pops the eye into the eye socket.

"Come on, guys what are you-" Diego gags.

"Ew, Wow." Klaus exclaims.

"Same eye color, same pupil size." Five says.

"Holy shit." I scoff.

"The eye we've been carrying around for decades... finally found it's rightful home."

Five pops the eye back out.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse." Diego says.

"Yay! Let's go." Klaus says.

"No, no. Wait, wait. It can't be this easy." Five gets up.

"Look, this is the note that we got from the Commission." He pulls out the page and I get up and go stand next to him.

"The one that says, Protect Harold Jenkins, aka Leonard Peabody."

"But who killed him? Who did this?"

"I have a crazy idea.." Klaus says.

Before I could hear the rest Five blinks us out.

~~~~~~~~~

"How did he know about the apocalypse?" Five asks Klaus as we walk down the academy stairs.

"I don't know, but listen." Klaus says.

"This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did.. how did you know how to do that?"

"I didn't." Five spits at him.

"You'd realize that if you were actually sober." We walk towards the library.

"Hey, I am sober." Klaus whines.

"I've been sober for two- almost two days now."

"Huh. Two days." I say a little impressed by his slight effort in staying sober.

"It feels like 45 years." He groans.

"Who are you kidding, Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day." Five says.

"Well, I guess we're both fighting our addictions, then." Klaus retorts.

My face contorts into a confused expression as I genuinely have no clue what he's talking about.

"I'm not an addict." Five states.

"Yeah, you are." Klaus persists.

"You're addicted to a drug called the apocalypse."

Well.

"You're wrong." Five replies.

"First sign. Denial." Klaus turns.

Five blinks in front of him.

"You and I, we're not the same." He says looking very enraged by his accusation.