Deadly Little Things

‼️Warning: there will be smut in this chapter‼️

Liana~

"I must admit, in all the time that I've been here, I've never met a partnership quite like yours." The handler says as we walk towards the Commission building.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but.. they can't see the big picture."

"You two have spunk, enterprising spirits, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if.. I may be so vainglorious."

"If things work out for the both of you here, you could potentially make fine successors."

We walk into the Commission building.

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience." Five says as the handler takes off her coat and hands it to someone.

"As well as these body replacements." I add as we walk up the stairs.

"Such chutzpah." She retorts.

"It's refreshing, I'll admit. But, slow down, all in good time."

"In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

We follow her to the briefcase room.

"The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time line of events and mankind's free will." She explains as if we're new employees.

I stare at the room full of briefcases.

"The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, free your minds." She says most likely noticing my infatuation with the room.  

"You're management now. One of us." She moves us along.

We walk down a hallway.

"All the people on this floor are case managers, each one responsible for one major event at a time." She stops at a room.

I look into the room containing hundreds upon hundreds of case managers.

"So many of them." I say looking at the case managers working.

"Impressive, isn't it?" She replies.

"Being part of something.. so grand."

"Come along." She says walking off.

We follow.

"Whenever someone chooses the wrong path sand the time line is changed, the Commission gets a report from field agents on the ground."

"These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager."

"They determine is anyone needs to be.. removed from the equation to assure that their event happens as it should." We follow her into the tube room.

"Based on that determination, the case manager sends instructions via pneumatic tube to..temporal assassins like both formerly were."

"Any queries so far?"

"Yeah. Who was the case manager handling us?" Five asks.

"Ah. You mean the apocalypse." She brushes her fingers under his chin and gently taps his cheek.

I've learned not to let my jealousy get the best of me, especially when it comes to the handler, I think she's just naturally vexing.