80 - Flinn and Chen (Flinn's POV)

Flinn, a 48-year-old bachelor for life, looked at his phone in disbelief-- his cute younger bro ex-subordinate, who seemed to be caught up in some James Bond sort of crap had just hanged up on him after saying this-- most gorgeous babe he had ever seen in real life was a 'sweet girl who likes to be ruffled behind the ears.' 

And his family member, at that--

"Just what sort of family relationship do you two have?" He asked, the only thing this babe had said when he opened the door was - 'I'm Chen, Ian's family member who was cleaning your house while invisible, I said you were afraid and Ian said to just tell you stuff. 

I said what I am, I am here to protect you in case someone attacks you.' 

Flinn had been so stunned he just had her come in, let out a breath, then went to find his phone wherever it was and she just casually said his phone was in his jacket on the chair, if he was looking for that.

Shit, it was for real, he had realized at that moment and dialed his phone. Yet he had failed to ask the most important question-- why was a hot babe attached to him of all people for a reason of that sort--

Ian was a sweet kid no matter how you looked at him, but there was just one landmine you should not step on - show interest in his mom.

His eyes which always seemed warm like a summer cloud, despite having a steel shade, became sharp and cold as ice only at those moments. And if the dumb guy agreed to spar with Ian later, then-- well, it got scary. And Ian was not aware one bit just what kind of eyes he had when he talked about the guy who dated his mom, he was smiling and saying his mom liked him and they seemed a good match, but -- he was cracking his knuckles. Flinn felt that the guy had serious guts.

Was this babe also of the type who would get Ian to crack his knuckles if she said she was dating someone? Not that Flinn had even 1% chance with this one, but weird shit happened with people who lived together. And Flinn wasn't going to date anyone and Ian knew that.

"What do you mean by 'sort'?" Chen asked.

"How are you connected and what do you normally do with each other?" Flinn elaborated.

"We are connected by love," Chen looked like she had nailed it, "I love Ian and Ian loves me, when he wasn't so busy I kissed him in the morning and he always made plenty of food, he ruffles my hair and kisses me and we hug and I will do my best to protect you, because he loves you too."

For a moment there Flinn was majorly confused, but the last bit of 'loves you too' cleared things up a lot, actually. She looked like she might be in her early twenties, but her nature seemed-- childish. She really might be how Ian described her. Normally people understood the word 'connected' differently, but--

"Are you two related by blood?" He asked.

"No," Chen replied.

"Do you also work under Kenneth?" Flinn asked. 

"Yes," was her answer and Flinn could only conclude Kenneth's unit was far more than eyes showed. "All Special investigations unit is a huge family?" Flinn asked and got another 'yes'. To push it further till it fit the definition - "You live together, eat together, would take a bullet for each other, all that business?"

Chen looked impressed as she nodded and said - "You already know stuff!"

This was a joke, but Flinn went - "And Ian is away on a mission to save the world?"

Chen looked even more impressed. "Not the entire world but every place with shores to the Atlantic ocean, they are cleaning it out from stuff that would kill a lot of people if left alone, but you can't tell this to anyone," she said.