73 - White and Black

Ian stored the book and got up, Lola was holding on so snuggly with her spider feet, she didn't even need any support.

"Lola, dear," Layla said, "we have human feet for events with humans."

Lola thought about it - "Not afraid, I'm too small and Mama has fangs and Travis has elf ears."

Layla gained a troubled smile and from context, Ian could figure out the reason why Layla said Lola should have human feet - to match up looks-wise and to not make others afraid.

Papa walked up at that point, as Layla said - "See there are other people there, those might be afraid."

"Ah, those will look at her oddly regardless if she has spider bottom or not," Papa said and reached out to ruffle Lola's hair and Lola migrated over to him smoothly by outright jumping over and snuggling up. She was so agile--

Mom too looked impressed. "I couldn't picture it, but now I can see it-- Lola can hunt!"

"Of course she can," Layla said. "Arachnes are born fully capable of taking care of themselves. And thanks to Ian she was a wonderful aether drain ability, which her Grandpa helped her train up a level." She looked proud.

Mom looked up at Papa - "You have not changed at all."

Papa added to that: "Ian and Lorenz won't be changing either. I've been like this for a few centuries."

"Legendary grade regeneration does that to people." But if he was that old, "your kid count is small for your age."

Papa let out a smiling breath-- "Ian, I run into one or two dying normie beauties per month, I don't go out of my way to find them."

It was time, so all of them started moving down the plain and towards where portals were.

"Lola, if someone doesn't like you," Papa said - "It's best to avoid them. Good men, too, will like you regardless if you have a spider bottom or not. And then they'll know you'll snack on them if things get going, it's good if they know. Then they won't freak out and run and those guys," he pointed at the people in the distance, "won't come after you."

Lola nodded and looked like she had spent some time with Chilli because her response was - "Roger, Grandpa!"

"But if you do mess up, then don't run to your sisters or mom," Papa continued, "go hide with Bermont, Paladins divine their targets - if you run to your sisters or mom, they will all be killed."

Lola nodded at that too with a serious look. "Roger!"

And then Chilli taught Lola how to summon Purple's wisp and said to tell it to bring her to Bermont and if Bermont is unavailable, then ask Purple what to do - Purple will help out.

Layla looked stunned and Christine smiled. "What a time to be alive, right?"

"True, but that's very--" Layla let out a breath, "I took that shape on purpose to avoid problems later on since Ian and Nelly looked attracted, I didn't think they'd flirt me up after I did."

"And you did avoid problems later on, right?" Christine asked with a smile.

Ian asked - "Papa, what would happen if I gave Lola that ring?"

"She'd look like she ate one of your kids and has a trophy," Papa replied. "The best thing Arachnes can do is avoid most people and mind their own business, as far as I know, none of the families go out of their way to attack Arachnes who show no interest in them, but they might be provoked by an Arachne approaching regardless of her intentions. If the situation is bad enough, paladins will ask for help, before they ask - it's best to ignore them, no one will die in a-- place of this sort anyhow. A kind help offer will usually be taken as an attempt to hunt them."