Chapter 25 - I Love You

Y/n stood there, speechless as she stared at the male who was standing at her door. "We should talk" he said. He looked at her and waited as she soon blinked, coming back to reality.

"Oh uh...do you...Do you think we could talk tomorrow? I have some stuff that I need to do that's due tonight.." she trailed off, not making eye contact with him.

"No, we should talk, now" Shinso stated, making Y/n become a bit taken aback. She soon let out a sigh before opening the door more and moved to the side.

"Sure, come on in" she simply said. He nodded and went inside her apartment as she closed the door. She walked over only to see Shinso standing in her living room. She became tense as she made her way to the kitchen, not making eye contact with him. "Want some coffee?" she questioned.

"That's fine" he replied making her nod. 

It was quiet between the two as the tension grew more and more between the two. Y/n waited for the coffee to be brewed in her coffee maker, tapping her fingers on the counter as it started to become harder for her to breathe. She was mentally preparing herself as her heart started to race, the butterflies coming back to her stomach once more.

"Did I do something wrong?" Shinso questioned. He was close behind her as she quickly turned around, only to be facing Shinso who was looking at her.

"What? No..no of course not! What makes you think that?" she questioned him as she tried stepping back a bit, but her lower back was already pressing against her counter.

"You've been avoiding me for a few days now" he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm obviously going to think that I must've done something" he answered.

She opened her mouth but closed it, hesitant to tell him that the reason why she was avoiding him was because of her feelings for him. Once again, it was quiet between the two as they didn't speak another word to each other. Y/n slowly turned back and saw that her coffee was done brewing. Getting two mugs, she poured the hot brown liquid into the mugs, trying to sort out her thoughts.

"Is it because of what I said?" he questioned making her look at him with furrowed brows.

"What do you mean?" she questioned.

"During that night, when we were drunk" he looked at her as she saw how hurt he seemed as well as guilt in his eyes. 

Soon, the guilt hit her like a train as she sighed. "No, it's not because of that" she said before walking over to him. "It's just..I had to think some things over..." she stated.

"And what was that?" he questioned her, curiosity shining a bit in his eyes as more butterflies entered her stomach.

"I..." she tried to find the words to say to the male as he waited patiently for her. About to confess, the what if's soon came intruding into her thought process making her stop from confessing to him. She moved a bit, stepping back a bit as Shinso took notice, making him sigh.

"Look, if you don't want to hang out with me anymore that's fine. You should've just told me" he said, looking away from her.

Her eyes widened and quickly shook her head. "Wait no! It's not that! I don't hate you or anything! It's just that..." she bit her tongue, hesitant to tell him, making him raise his eyebrow.

"That..?" he waited for her to finish her sentence as she groaned, ruffling her hair a bit.

"They were right..." she muttered.

"Who were right?" he questioned.

"That's not the point" she said and looked at him. The two stared each other in the eye before she let out a sigh. "Screw it!" she exclaimed which only startled the male a bit from the sudden outburst. "I like you okay? I've been avoiding you and acting all weird because you make me feel all these sort of weird things that I don't even have experience with and it's driving me crazy!" she confessed. She felt her heart beating even more as well as the butterflies in her stomach as she continued to tell him her thoughts. "I thought I wouldn't really be interested in anyone but then you just show up out of nowhere and suddenly after a small talk with friends I realized that I may just like you!" she exclaimed.

"I know" he said, a smile on his face.

"And it's fine if you don't like me back and want to- Wait what?" she looked at him with a confused look as she only saw the smug look on his face, causing her to become flustered.

He chuckled. "That's a new expression" he said.

She soon crouched down and buried her face in her hands. "You're such an ass..." she said making him laugh a bit as he crouched down as well. Pulling her face away from her hands a bit, she made eye contact with him while trying to calm herself down. "How long have you known...?" she questioned.

"For a while now" he smiled. "When you started avoiding me I tried to see what I did wrong but after piecing together about how strange you were acting when we hung out it clicked" he answered.

She groaned and hid her face back in her hands. "Was I really that obvious?" she questioned making him chuckle.

"Very" he responded. She soon felt his hands grab her wrists as they pulled them away from her face. She slowly looked up at him, her cheeks now just a soft tint of pink as he smiled at her. "And for the record, I like you too" he confessed. She stared at him for a bit before she started to laugh a bit.

The two stood up as she looked at him with a smile. "I'm glad" she stated. Going over to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck while he wrapped his around her waist. "Sorry for being a handful" she said, sighing a bit.

He chuckled. "That's why I have two hands" he replied. 

She stared at him for a bit before letting out a small laugh. "I really love you" she rested her forehead against his, making him chuckle.

"Oh so we're going to 'I love you' now?" he said making her roll her eyes.

"Just kiss me" she said as he laughed before closing the gap between them for a gentle kiss.

Once they pulled away he looked at her as she did the same. "You're a horrible kisser" he stated.

"Ha ha" she rolled her eyes, sarcasm in her voice making him chuckle.

"I love you too" he said making her smile before the two went in for another kiss

~The End~