Chapter 24 - Avoidance

The next day, Y/n had gotten out of bed and made an oath to make sure that she would apologize to Shinso (and maybe ask him out). Quickly getting herself ready, she checked herself in the mirror before groaning, a small blush on her cheeks as she hung her head down.

"How hard did I fall for him..." she muttered to herself before she left her bathroom and grabbed her stuff before heading out to her apartment. 

She hummed to herself and started to make her way to the usual coffee place that she and Shinso usually meet up at. Seeing the small shop in the distance she stopped, starting to have what if's in her head. She tried to push them away while getting closer to the shop, trying to calm herself down. Once she got closer she saw a blob of purple at the front of the shop as her e/c orbs made eye contact with his purple ones. Without another step, she quickly turned around and walked the opposite direction of him as he stood there, stunned by her actions. Y/n was also a bit stunned with her actions as she cursed at herself, promising herself to meet up with Shinso back at U.A.

At the hero college, Y/n waited by the gates, on her phone as people walked past her. She glanced up from her phone every now and then until at some point she saw a pair of yellow and purple in her sight of view. She waited as she felt her heart racing making her curse at herself, trying to calm herself down.

"Yo Y/n!" Denki called out, waving to his female friend as she looked up at him.

"Oh uh..Hey" she slightly waved as Denki only grinned more while Shinso rose an eyebrow. 

"I'll leave you guys to it. I promised Kirishima I was gonna meet up with him, later" Denki grinned and started to leave while Y/n stared at him in disbelief.

"So, about yesterday" Shinso started, making her flinch and quickly look at him.

"Oh, right..." she said. She stared at him while he was talking to her, his words not going through her brain as she only stared at him in awe. She felt her heart start to race more and the butterflies starting to make their way into her stomach, causing her to slightly panic. "Why don't we talk about this another time? I have a lot of stuff to do" she said and looked away from the male, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Oh uh..Sure" he said as she nodded.

"Great! Bye!" she quickly left the male by himself with his own thoughts. 

She cursed under her breath about reconciling with the male but not being able to do so. She soon promised herself to talk to him tomorrow, seeing that she won't be able to talk to him later on when he's done with his classes. 

On the next day, she only did the same thing to him as she did yesterday and avoided him, giving him random excuses for her not to talk to him. Day after day after day she continued to ignore him, unable to bring herself to talk to him. As he continued to try and ask to meet up with her she made up the same excuses to him that at some point that he stopped texting her in general.

Y/n was at Mina's house as she stared at her phone, anxious that he hasn't texted her for two days. "He hasn't texted me" she stated.

"Well maybe if you stopped giving him excuses about how busy you are then he wouldn't stop texting you" Mina retorted as Y/n only groaned.

"I'm such a mess..." she said, sighing.

"I can tell" Mina said and handed her friend a water bottle. 

"What am I supposed to do?" Y/n questioned.

"Maybe talk to him?" she responded as Y/n only groaned again.

"You know I can't do that. My heart starts racing and I get butterflies, and before I know it my face starts to get hot." she explained making Mina giggle. Y/n soon sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I'm not going to lie to you, I'm kinda scared" Y/n confessed.

Mina smiled softly and gently put her hand on Y/n's shoulder, "I know" she responded.

Y/n smiled back at her friend before sighing again. "This is so new to me and it's just...overwhelming you know..?" she rested her chin on her hand. "What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say to him? There's so many thoughts running through my head that I don't even know what to do at this point. He's making me feel all these new emotions and sometimes I just wanna hit him because of it but at the same time I want to hug him."

"Tell me about it" Mina said jokingly making Y/n chuckle.

"He's such a great friend to that I...I'm scared to lose him. He's like my serotonin, y'know?" Y/n smiled to herself as Mina took notice, a smile appearing on her face as well.

"You're really head over heels for him" Mina said, gently nudging her hopeless romantic friend.

Y/n chuckled at her friend's comment. "It seems like it" she stated before stretching a bit. She checked the time, seeing that it's the afternoon. "I better get going, I have a bunch of school work to do that's due tonight. It's such a pain to learn medicine" Y/n sighed out.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then. And I better be the first one to know about you two dating or else I'll be offended" Mina joked as Y/n snorted.

"You'll be offended? I'm pretty sure Denki would be the offended one" Y/n joked with some truth in her voice.

Mina snorted in return. "You're right, but make sure I'm the first one to know anyways" she said, causing Y/n to chuckle.

"Can't make any promises" she stated.

Mina walked Y/n to the door as the two friends said goodbye to each other before Y/n left by flying. While in the air, Y/n took in a deep breath, clearing her mind a bit before becoming determine that tomorrow she really won't avoid Shinso tomorrow, hopefully. Making her way to her small balcony, she landed and opened her door before closing it. Taking off her jacket, she stretched out her wings more until she heard a knock at her door.

"Coming" she said and made her way over to the door. She unlocked the door without looking on who was on the other side of the door. Once she opened the door, she was met with galactic eyes.

"We should talk"