Chapter 23 - Mistakes Were Made

As Denki opened the door to his house, he was surprised by his female friend's sudden visit. "Y/n?" he questioned until he soon noticed how shaken up the girl looked.

"I..I think I might like Shinso" she said to her friend, making his eyes widen even more.

He glanced outside a bit before motioning her to come inside. "Why don't you come inside first and tell me about it" he said. She nodded in response and went inside as he closed the door.

Denki watched as the girl sat on his couch, pulling her feet up as she wrapped her wings around her body. He went to his kitchen and started to brew some coffee for her to calm down. Waiting for a bit, the coffee was soon ready as he poured it into two mugs and came back and gave her a cup of coffee.

"So what happened?" He questioned his friend as she took a sip from the freshly made coffee.

"I went to a sleep over at Mina's house with the girls and they were teasing me about liking Shinso and I guess...I guess they were right. After thinking about it and just...after the events that happened today I think I've realized that I really do like Shinso." She confessed as Denki smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you've finally realized you like him. But that doesn't explain why you were so shaken up, he didn't do anything to you did he?" He questioned with furrowed brows as Y/n shook her head with a small smile.

"No he didn't. I was just overwhelmed with this feeling y'know? This is the first time I've actually liked someone so it's all so new to me. What am I supposed to do, say, how should I act around him.

Denki chuckled, "Tell me about it" he said only to make Y/n chuckle.

"Now I know how you feel" she said as he nodded.

"Good luck confessing" he said.

"Hm..Maybe..." She smiled and moved a bit and opened her left wing as Denki scooted in with her before she closed her wing so it would hug Denki.

"So what did you guys do today?" The blonde questioned

"Just went to the arcade" she said, sipping on her coffee as she leaned against him.

"That's it?" He looked at her with a raised eyebrow as she only hummed a bit.

"Went to a cafe afterwards" she said before scoffing. "I lost a bet to him" she said.

"You had to pay I'm guessing" he mused as Y/n hummed in response.

"Its his fault that I lost" she said.

"And why's that?" He questioned, starting to become amused.

"He had the gall to open the door with nothing but a towel on! Like, who does that? So that image of him kept popping in mind and made me act all weird!" She exclaimed causing Denki to laugh. She soon got up as he moved a bit so she could get up easier as he watched her pace back and forth in his living room. "He's sharp too so he noticed how strange I was acting but its my fault for being obvious as well! And so when we got to the cafe I was so overwhelmed with my emotions that I not only slapped his hand! But I also..." She soon came to a complete stop as something had dawned on her, causing Denki to raise an eyebrow.

"Also what?" He asked. He soon became startled as she crouched to the ground and buried her face into her hands.

"Oh my fucking god..." She muttered.

"What? What is it?" Denki became both worried and curious as he sat up, leaning forwards a bit towards the female.

"I left him.." She mumbled.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, unable to comprehend what she said.

"Denki I left him" she said more loudly as she made eye contact with her friend.

"Left him where?" He asked with confusion obvious in his voice.

"At the cafe!" Y/n exclaimed as she quickly got up and started to pace even more. "Holy shit that's embarrassing" she said before she started to ramble, her face becoming slightly flustered out of embarrassment as the blonde could only watch with both surprise and amusement, never seeing his friend like this before since she was always chill and calm.

"You really remind me of Midoriya when you're like that" Denki laughed out.

"Denki this isn't a laughing matter! I literally made a scene in the cafe and just left him just like that!" She exclaimed as the blonde only laughed more as he saw his friend blush even more in embarrassment. "Oh my god I'm going to commit homicide towards myself..." She groaned.

"I think you mean suicide" Denki said with a smile.

"Same difference!" She yelled, causing the blonde to chuckle.

"Well, why don't you go and apologize to him tomorrow then?" He questioned as she nodded.

"Yeah, seems like a plan" she said, letting out a sigh and stood up. "Thanks for listening" she said as he nodded with a smile.

"Of course" he said.

As the two walked over to the front door, Y/n opened the door and walked outside before stopping and turning around to look at her friend.

"I mean it too Denki. You've been a really great friend" she gave him a soft, thankful smile as he chuckled in response.

"Hey, what're friends for?" He replied as the two hugged each other.

They soon pulled away as Y/n still had a smile and gently nudged him. "Don't forget to ask Jiro out, if not, I'll be coming for you" she joked as he chuckled.

"Just worry about your own love life" he said gently pushing her.

The two soon said their goodbyes as he watched Y/n take off to the skies. His hands on his hip he watched her before smiling.

"She's not gonna apologize" he said, before going back inside his house and closing the door behind him.