Chapter 6 - Thanks

A new day arise as the sun slowly came out from the horizon and slowly made it's way up to the sky. As people were waking up, an early bird was already doing her morning routine. She was playing some music as she couldn't help but move her shoulders a bit as she was looking for some clothes to wear. 

"Number forty-seven said to number three "You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see. I sure would be delighted with your company, come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me" she sang a bit with a smile as she looked through her closet, about to grab a shirt before hesitating to grab it.

"It's your quirk isn't it? So you get to decide what your quirk will be, not others."

The memory from last night replayed in her mind as a small smile appeared on her face. She decided to choose a different shirt with holes in it from the back as she changed into it, making sure her wings didn't rip the holes even more. Putting on a pair of jeans she grabbed her stuff and headed out of her apartment.

She started to head to her usual coffee shop as she was listening to music on her phone, only one of her earbuds in. She hummed along to the songs that she was listening to as she soon made it to the coffee shop.

Going inside, she got in line, on her phone before she felt someone take her earbud as she looked over and made eye contact with tired purple eyes.

"Redbone, nice choice" he said while looking at the girl.

"If you wanted to listen you could've just asked" she said before she took out her other earbud and put it in her ear. "Just coffee?" She questioned.

"The usual" he replied. They slowly made it to the counter as she ordered for the both of them.

"Two coffees please" the h/c haired girl said.

The employee nodded, pushing buttons on the cash register. "That'll be 7.50" the employee told her.

She nodded in reply and took out some money from her wallet and gave it to the employee who cashed it in.

The employee gave the girl a receipt as the two young adults left the counter to sit somewhere in the shop to wait.

"So you decided to not hide your wings today?" Shinso questioned the girl, looking at her.

"Its bad to have them all scrunched up under a shirt, so yeah, why not?" The girl propped an arm on the table and rested her chin on her hand as she gave him a lazy smile.

"How big are they anyways" he asked her.

"Hm..." she thought for a bit as she drummed her fingers on the table. "I think the last time I measured was a month ago or so...I think it was 60 feet if I remember correctly"

"Theres no way you can fit a pair of 60 feet wings under those shirts and jackets" he told her, looking at her.

"The reason why I have a few baggy clothes" she had a small smirk making him roll his eyes a bit.

"For Y/n!" An employee called out.

Y/n soon got up and went to get their coffees as Shinso got up and went to the exit and waited for her. She soon came into view, walking over to him which only made him open the door and held it open for her.

"Such a gentleman" she said teasingly making him roll his eyes again as she exited the shop, making him follow after her.

She gave him his coffee as the two started to walk together, listening to some Bon Jovi. While walking together, a certain blonde noticed the two.

"Y/n..?" A voice called out, making her stop and turn to see her friend since high school.

"Yo" she said with a smile.

"Its actually you, right..?" He questioned her as he went over to her.

"No I'm a witch" she said sarcastically making the boy look at her in astonishment.

"You're not covering your wings" he said with a wide smile.

"I thought I could change things up a bit" she said a bit sheepishly as his wide smile turned into a big grin before he engulfed her in a hug. She chuckled as she gently patted him.

"Are you crying..?" Shinso questioned the blonde.

"No!" He exclaimed as he quickly pulled away and wiped his eyes with his sleeve, sniffling a bit.

"Come on, let's get to your guys' school you big baby" she said with a smile and ruffled her friend's hair as he nodded in response.

"Right" he replied as the three of them started to head to U.A.

"Don't you have school as well? Or are you ditching?" Shinso questioned the girl.

"I would never!" She said a bit dramatically. "I have time anyways, besides, I have my wings" she said with a smile as she opened one of them up a bit.

"Right" he said, looking at her before letting out a small chuckle.

They soon made it to the famous hero school as the two boys said their goodbyes to the girl. Before she said goodbye her eyes lit up.

"Oh! Do you guys have any free time today?" She questioned the boys.

"Most likely" Denki said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Aizawa Sensei is probably going to make the class do some stuff related to our quirk" he said.

"Well what about you?" She looked over at the indigo haired boy as he shrugged.

"Just studying and training" he responded.

"Great! I'll pick you up when you're done with school" she said with a smile.

"What for?" He questioned.

"I got free tickets for a movie, obviously I can't watch it by myself" she said.

"Take someone else, I don't feel like it" he replied.

"Too bad. I'm taking you with me. Even if you do try to sneak off without me knowing I'll have a bird's view on where you are" she grinned as she opened her wings "Get it?"

"Why're you like this..." Denki sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What do you mean!? That was funny!! Admit it!" She exclaimed to her blonde friend. She heard a small 'Pfft!' As her head quickly turned to see the indigo haired boy looking away.

"Dude really?" Denki said, looking at his friend.

"It was sorta funny" Shinso admitted with a small smile. This only made Y/n grin.

"This is why you're my favorite. Anyways, I gotta go. See you later eyebags!" She said with a smile before she launched herself into the air and flew off, seeing that she only had a few minutes left before class started.

"Thanks" the blonde said as the two watched the girl fly off.

"For what?" He questioned, looking at him questionably.

"For making her a bit more confident with her quirk. I don't know how you did it but, I can see that she's slowly changing. So, thanks for that."

"I didn't really do much" he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Besides, her quirk seems much better"

"You're right on that but, theres always something we hate about our quirk, right?" Denki smiled at his friend. "Anyways, I gotta get going before Iida yells at me for being late for class. Later Shinso" he waved goodbye to his friend and left him there with his thoughts.

'Her quirk is still better though...' he thought to himself before making his way to his own class.