Chapter 5 : Its Yours, Isn't It?

"Uh..." the sound of another's voice caused the girl to tense up as she slowly turned her head to look at the source of the voice. She soon found her e/c orbs being met with dark purple ones.

The two adults stared at each other for a while, not saying a word as there was a small gust of wind that passed by them.

"Surprise..?" The girl said with questionable jazz hands.

"That was going to be my second guess anyways" he said before looking away from the girl, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Third actually" she said. "You're second guess was levitation" she said.

He rolled his eyes at the girl's statement. "So..what're you doing here?" He questioned.

"Just my usual night flight. You?" She questioned him back.

"I was going to get some cat food" he said.

"You have cats?" She looked at the boy, her eyes filled with curiosity as the boy nodded at her question.

"I do" he answered.

"How many?" She questioned him

"Two" he replied.

"Ooh~ I wanna see them" she said with a grin.

"Don't you eat cats?" He questioned.

"Those are foxes. And no I do not eat rodents either" she said, her grin disappearing with a sigh.

"Then-" before he could finish his sentence his sentence the h/c haired girl pinched the bridge of her nose.

"No I do not lay eggs" she said, seeming to know what he was going to say as it seemed that she got that question a lot.

"What about talons then?" He questioned.

"Man I wonder" she said sarcastically looking down at her feet as they were not bird like with talons.

"I'll take that one" he said, chuckling a bit as she nodded. She made her way over to a swing and sat down on it and motioned the indigo haired male to sit in the empty one next to her.

He complied and sat down on the swing next to hers as he just sat there while she was slowly moving on the swing a bit.

"So..why did you hide your quirk?" He questioned the girl, glancing at her.

"Ah well.." she looked down at the ground as she had a small smile. "As you know, my quirk is Eagle. And they're known for being one of the strongest birds of prey. Large wings, great strength, that kinda stuff. I guess I was praised a lot as a kid for having some sort of cool quirk and was told that I would be a great hero." Her gaze shifted from the ground to the night sky while stopping herself from moving on the swing. "When I said I didn't want to be a hero some of them got mad at me. 'Why don't you become a hero? You could save so many people!', 'If I had your quirk I would be a hero for sure', 'You can't just waste your quirk like that!', etc. etc." She softly chuckled to herself, letting out a small sigh before looking at Shinso. "That's why I decided to hide my wings and change schools. It's kinda hard though when your wings are 60 feet long though and it gets really cramped under your shirt" she smiled at him.

He stared at her as she only sighed and stared back up at the sky. "So that's why" he said. He looked down at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck.

She hummed in response "Yeah. I don't resent my quirk though, I really love it. I just get tired of so many people saying how it's a waste of a quirk to not use it for hero purposes. Sorry, but I just don't want to be a hero" she said with a sigh.

"Well you act the part" he said.

"I do?" She questioned, looking at him.

"The more I look at you the more you make me remind me of someone" he said, looking at her.

"Not creepy at all" she replied.

He rolled his eyes before tearing his gaze away from her. "You were the person to diffuse the situation back at the coffee shop, aren't you?" He said.

The girl processed his words in her mind as she rolled her eyes as well. "I was just trying to help. If I called for a hero it would've been too late. Was it risky? Sure, but I got it. You saw me while we were sparring, I'm quite skilled in fighting." She had a small smile as he chuckled.

"Right" he said. He soon stood up from the swing and stretched a bit. "Well I better get going. My cats are still waiting for me to return and bring them food." He said.

She nodded. "See you later then" she said.

He nodded and started to walk before he stopped in his tracks. "Hey" he started, getting the girl's attention. "Its your quirk, isn't it? So you get to decide what your quirk will be, not others. Some wise words I got from someone" he glanced back at her with a small smile before walking.

She watched him walk away and leave the park before she chuckled and smile. "Those are my words" she said to no one but herself. Deciding to leave as well, she stretched a bit with a small sigh. "Better head back home" she told herself before stretching her wings a bit.

Getting herself ready, she bended her knees and wings a bit before launching herself into the air, leaving dirt to fly in the air with how powerful that single flap was from her wings. She soon flew off, back to her apartment where a comfortable bed was waiting for her.