Chapter 18 - I'm Sorry

The door slowly opened as Shinso unconsciously held his breath.

"Yes?" The person said. A pair of yellow eyes met with his purple ones. "Oh, Shinso" Kaminari said.

"Can I...Can I talk to Y/n?" He questioned the blonde.

He glanced behind himself before stepping out of the apartment as he closed the door behind himself. "I don't know if you should" he said. He soon crossed his arms as the two stared at each other.

"Kaminari-"

"Give me a reason I should" the blonde stated. "Because right now I feel like you shouldn't see her. I know she can do this herself and I know you're a good guy Shinso, but during the years that I've known Y/n, she isn't one to cry."

Shinso bit the inside of his cheek as Kaminari started to slowly become more angry.

"You meant a lot to her man, and just...to know that you've hurt her this bad" the blonde balled his hand into a fist. "I can't have that happening again" he said. He gave a menacing atmosphere as Shinso tried to think of what to say. "I know you mean well, but-"

"But I think its up to me to decide" a voice cut him off, causing the two to look over.

"Y/n.." Kaminari said softly, the atmosphere calming down.

Shinso looked at the h/c haired girl. She was leaning against the doorframe while hugging herself. She was a bit disheveled as he saw that her eyes were a bit red and puffy as she was wearing an oversized sweater and some sweats.

"Why don't you head home?" She gave her childhood friend a small smile.

"But-"

"We'll be fine" she walked over to the blonde and rested her hands on his shoulders, giving it a small squeeze as reassurance.

He hesitated a bit, before nodding. "Call me if anything happens" he said softly to her. She hummed in response as the blonde turned his back on her, and walked past the indigo haired male but stopped and put a hand on his shoulder. "If you do something-"

"Denki" Y/n said as he let go of Shinso.

"Yes yes" he said sighing a bit. He soon left as the h/c haired girl glanced at Shinso before turning around and went inside her apartment as he stood outside the door.

"You coming?" She questioned, glancing over her should to look at him.

"Oh uh...right.." he walked inside her apartment, closing the door behind him as he stood by the door, body tense.

He watched her as she walked to the kitchen, seeming to be brewing coffee. He didn't know whether to stay by the door or be with her in the kitchen, but she motioned her hand for him to come over which made him go to the kitchen.

He watched as she took out two mugs and poured coffee in them. He became more tense with how quiet it was. He didn't mind any silence but this silence put him on edge. She set a mug by him on the countertop. Quietly thanking her, he glanced at the steaming brown liquid in the white mug, seeing his reflection before glancing at her, only to see that she was sipping on her own coffee.

"So..." she started. Her voice startled him, causing him to flinch and tense up more. "You came here to apologize?" She questioned.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and cleared his throat. He opened his mouth, but no words came out, not even a thought. He closed it again, unable to find words to say to her.

She waited patiently for him, feeling the intense gaze that came from her. His mind started to race, as well as his heart as he heard his heart pounding in his head.

"I'm sorry" he said. He hung his head and looked at the mug, gripping it tightly. She looked at him with an amused look but quickly hid it by taking a sip from her coffee as she hummed in response.

"Really now.." she said softly.

"Yeah..." he said. "During that night...I guess I told you my thoughts about how I really felt about you.." he said. He became a bit awkward as he explained himself, rubbing the back of his neck as she only watched his movements. "I know what I did wrong..and I know that you won't forgive me easily so...Its understandable if you don't want to be friends anymore.." he didn't look at the h/c haired female, nervous about her reply to his apology.

"Your forgiven" she said.

"What?" He quickly looked at her as she smiled at him.

"Your forgiven" she repeated.

"But-"

"But nothing. It's also my fault for making you think that. I'm a bit of a hypocrite as well so, I'm sorry" she set the mug down on the counter as she walked over to him. "Want a hug so you don't cry?" She teasingly said. He looked at her with an annoyed expression as she chuckled. "I was only-" before she could finish, she felt strong arms embrace her.

She took a big whiff of the smell of coffee as a small smile appeared on her face as she wrapped her arms around the male's torso.

"Didn't know you were a hugger" she said.

"I'm not" he admitted. "But getting a hug from you didn't sound bad" this made her chuckle.

"Really now" she mused. They soon parted as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I didn't know what else to do for an apology so I ordered us some fried chicken" he said awkwardly.

"Great, I was getting hungry anyways" she smiled at the indigo haired Male. "Why not watch some old movies as well"

"What do you have?" He questioned.

"You'd be surprised on what I have" she said with a smile as she left the kitchen and went towards the living room.

He followed her as she went towards a table that had a TV on it. Next to it were 2-3 boxes as she looked through some of them.

"The Shining maybe? Or the original IT movie?" She questioned the male.

"You know, I've been wanting to watch The Shining for a while" he said as she glanced at him with an amused look.

"Oh really?" She questioned, making him chuckle.

"Yeah" he said.

"The Shining it is then" she said. She pulled out a VHS case as he took notice.

"You have a VHS player as well?" He questioned.

"I wish" she said with a soft chuckle. "I just borrowed this from the old man. I decided to have a bit of a nostalgic day and watch some old movies to cheer myself up" she said.

Taking out the VHS from the case, she put it in the player as the movie started. While it did, there was a knock on her door as Shinso went to the door. It only took a few minutes before he came back with a box of fried chicken.

"Food's here" he said.

"Right on time" she smiled.

The two soon got comfortable and started to watch The Shining and other nostalgic movies while eating fried chicken for the rest of the night.