Chapter 22 - Oh God

Y/n started to play a few games but her mind seemed to be preoccupied with other thoughts. Every single game she played, she would lose in the end as she would only go to the next game and lose, wasting her credits. People at the arcade watched her, wondering if the girl was okay, or she just really sucked at video games, but only carried on with their own business. More images of a shirtless Shinso popped up in her mind as she soon banged her head against the machine, startling some people as they glanced at her, whispering among each other as they watched her walk off to the restroom.

She stared at herself in the mirror, seeing how red her face was as she quickly splashed her face with water. 'Can I just drown myself in the toilet?' she questioned herself while patting her face down with a paper towel. Walking out of the restroom, she continued to play games, trying to focus this time instead of a certain male. 

Slowly, her thoughts had settled down as she was focusing on playing games as she was quite good at it, some people staring at her with awe. Almost an hour had went by and the girl was soon out of credits. She sighed and decided to head to the counter to see how many points she got and what she could buy herself. Before she could get anything, she felt a tap on her shoulder which made her turn around to look at the person who was trying to get her attention, only to make eye contact with purple orbs. 

"You done as well?" he questioned.

She nodded at his question. "Yeah, I'm guessing you're done as well?" she asked making him nod in return. "Great, let's see who got the most points then" she smirked as he smirked in return.

As the employee scanned their cards, they read out how many points they had as Shinso had a lot more than Y/n. "You must really suck" Shinso mused as Y/n looked at him with offense.

"I was occupied okay?" she said making him look at her with an amused expression.

"And what were you so occupied with?" he questioned her.

She opened her mouth before she looked away. "Nothing you need to know about" she responded, making him chuckle in return.

"Guess you'll be paying for lunch" he told her making her sigh.

"Right, I forgot about that. Lets just get a prize" she said, causing him to chuckle again.

The two friends looked at the rack for a bit until the two of them spotted something. It was a long grey and white pillow plush cat as it seemed that it was the last one. "I'd like that plush-" the both of them said in unison before the two stopped and looked at each other.

"85" Shinso said.

"90" Y/n replied.

"95" Shinso replied back.

"100" she responded back. The two looked at each other in the eye before Shinso smirked.

"200" he said, making her widen her eyes.

"That's cheating" she said.

He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders as the employee only scanned his card before getting the cat off the rack and handing it to him. "It's called being good at video games" he retorted as she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

In the end, Y/n only got herself a big bag of candy as they started to walk to his car. The two were somewhat bickering with each other, more like Y/n getting a bit irritated with him while Shinso teased the poor girl. Once they got to his car, the two buckled up and started to drive off.

"Go ahead and go wherever you want to eat" she said, sighing a bit.

He chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road. "Alright" he replied.

The ride to whatever destination they were heading to was once again quiet. Y/n didn't mind this time as her brain wasn't acting as strange as it was almost an hour ago. Shinso soon parked the car in a parking lot as there was a small café in front of them. The two of them got out of the car and went inside the building. The smell of coffee and sweets filled the air as a smile was plastered on both of their faces.

"What do you want?" she questioned the purple haired male.

"Surprise me" he smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm getting you the cheapest thing here" she said while walking off which only made him laugh. 

He watched as she started to order stuff before getting a buzzer. She walked back to the table that Shinso had picked out for them as she sat down across from him. He looked at her with an amused expression.

"So what was the cheapest thing?" he questioned.

"A puppuccino" she said with a smug look.

He only snorted, looking at her. "That's for free" he said.

"That's the point, it was the cheapest thing, I didn't even need to buy it" she said making him chuckle.

"Did you really?" he questioned.

"Think I wouldn't?" she looked at him as he chuckled again.

The two talked for a bit while they waited for their order. Soon, the buzzer started to buzz as Y/n got up to go get their food. Shinso watched her, wondering if she really did get him what she told him as she did in fact get a puppuccino. As she set the tray down, Shinso tried not to laugh yet a smile was making it's way to his face.

She sat down as she passed him over the foam cup filled with whipped cream as he left out a small 'Pfft!'. She watched him trying not to laugh before bursting out laughing. It wasn't long until butterflies started to attack her stomach as she felt her cheeks start to heat up. Mentally cursing to herself she looked down and tried to look preoccupied while taking the drinks and small dessert off the tray.

"Why is he so freaking cute.." she muttered.

"What happened?" he looked at her as her eyes widened before she cleared her throat, trying to compose herself.

"No..nothing!" she stammered making her curse at herself once more.

Shinso rose an eyebrow, looking at the female. "You sure you're okay? You've been acting weird this whole day" he said.

"Yeah it's just..uh...It's kinda hot today huh?" she tried to change the subject as she fanned herself with her hand, not making eye contact with him. 

He soon became serious as he continued to look at her. "There's obviously something wrong" he said.

"Look it's really nothing" she stated. She started to fiddle with her hands, continuing to not look at Shinso, starting to become overwhelmed with her feelings.

"Y/n" Shinso reached out towards the female, about to take her hand before she smacked it away, abruptly standing up. 

The people that were at the cafe became quiet and looked towards the two, whispering to each other about what was going on. Both Shinso's and Y/n's eyes widened before she took her hand.

"I'm.." she stepped back a bit. "Sorry.." she muttered before she quickly left the cafe as Shinso quickly snapped out of it and went after her.

"Y/n!" he yelled out, exiting the cafe as well.

Shinso watched as the girl had already taken off in the air as he could only watch her, unable to catch up to her. He soon sighed, running a hand through his hair, not knowing what had happened nor knowing what to do.

Y/n flew as fast as she could, her mind racing and her heart pounding rapidly, being able to hear the pounding of her heart in her head. She flew for a long time, not knowing where she was going as she let her wings guide her. Before she knew it, she was standing in front of her long time friend's house. Walking over to the door, she extended her slightly shaking hand and knocked on the door. She waited, slightly hugging herself as she tried to catch up to her thoughts. As the door opened, the blonde stood there, a bit surprised.

"Y/n?" he questioned as she looked at him, only for his eyes to widen seeing how the girl was a mess.

"I..I think I might like Shinso"