Chapter 16 - Arguments

The two adults made it to a convenience store and went inside. While going in the small store, they bumped into the Bakugo Squad.

"Y/n!" Mina exclaimed as she tackled her friend in a hug as she chuckled.

"Hey" she replied.

"You guys getting drinks too?" Sero questioned.

"Yeah we are" she said, looking at the black haired male.

"Why don't we go out drinking together then" Kaminari grinned.

"I'm good" Y/n chuckled a bit. "After today, I'm a bit tired"

"I bet you are, from getting your ass kicked today" Bakugo told the girl.

"I literally threw you out of the building" Y/n said. "So you shouldn't be one to talk. You also weren't very helpful for your teammate too" she added.

Bakugo let out a 'Tch' making Kirishima chuckle a bit. "Come on you guys, we just got done fighting. Let's take a break" he gave his toothy grin as Bakugo glared at Y/n while she just gave him a lazy smile in return.

"Come on! Let's go to a bar instead!" Kaminari exclaimed as he went between Shinso and Y/n and threw his arms around their shoulders as they both gave him a slight glare. "You guys are no fun" he said as he pulled his arms back to his body.

"Why don't we just drink at Shinso's place then" Mina said with a smile.

"Excuse me?" Shinso looked at the pink woman as she smiled.

"Come on~ It'll be fun!" She exclaimed.

The friends continued to persist until they got what they want, and that they did. They bought all sorts of alcohol and made their way to the indigo haired male's house.

They all let themselves in his house as they hung out in the living room. They all had fun during that night, playing a few drinking games. The only people that really got drunk was Kirishima and Kaminari.

"You know, you don't ever hang out with us!" Kaminari pouted, leaning against Y/n. "And that really hurts me" he started to sniffle as Y/n watched in amusement, sipping on her beer.

"Really now" she hummed.

"Hell yeah it does!" He exclaimed, starting to become teary eyed.

"Stop crying you big baby" she teased with a soft smile, ruffling his hair. "Just because we don't hang out doesn't mean that we're not friends anymore"

"Aw~ This is so cute~" Mina cooed as Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I didn't know you were nice" Shinso said as she looked at him as he had an amused look as well.

"Only towards him when he's like this. If I don't he'll start crying like the baby he is" she said, glancing at Kaminari.

"Why don't we do some more drinking!" Kirishima exclaimed with a smile.

"Or all of you could go home" Shinso said.

"Agreed" Y/n said.

"Whaaaat? But we barely hang out!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Could you shut your damn mouth!?" Bakugo exclaimed.

"Come on Bakugo! Don't be like that! Be manly and have some fun!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Soon, everyone started to get loud as Y/N sighed, getting up. "Alright, all of you out. It's getting late" she said. "I'm counting on you, Bakugo, Sero" she looked at the two males who didn't drink that much."

"We're on it" he said with a smile.

"Don't tell me what to do" he snarled.

"Yes yes" she waved off the blonde.

"You can take my car" Shinso said.

"Thanks, I'll make sure to return it to you tomorrow" Sero said.

Shinsi nodded and tossed him the keys as he caught it. Y/n helped the two boys settle the two drunkards in the car and the slightly drunk Mina in as well. And with that, they left.

"Finally" Shinso said.

"Tell me about it" Y/n said as she closed the door. She sighed, stretching a bit. "Why not go drink outside?" She offered as he nodded in return.

Cleaning up the mess that the others had left, they grabbed the last of the alcohol and went to his backyard, the two adults talking to each other, laughing and chuckling every now and then.

"You know, you're really amazing" Shinso said, looking up at the sky.

"Oh? Are we getting sentimental?" Y/n questioned with an amused look as he chuckled.

"Maybe" he said softly. He leaned back, his hands propping him up on the wood deck that the two were sitting on.

She looked at him for a bit before before closing her eyes and let out a small exhale through her nose in amusement.

"Your quirk is really something" he started.

"Is it?" She questioned.

He hummed in response. "I'm a bit envious actually"

"I don't think it's all that great. It's nice, but that's it really" she replied, opening her eyes and glancing at her wings.

"It's better than mine" he said. "Even though I know I'm going to prove to the world that my quirk isn't villainous.." he paused a bit, continuing to look at the sky. "I'm sure they'll still judge and patronize me." He slowly sat up and looked at Y/n and gave her a small smile, rubbing the back of his neck "Though, I guess you wouldn't really know that feeling since you've been praised about your quirk" he said.

This caught the girl a bit off guard and become a bit offended. "I'm sorry what?" Straightening herself, she looked him in the eyes.

"Am I wrong?" He questioned her. "You've been praised about your quirk for most of your life" he told her.

She scoffed a bit. "You're joking, right?" She asked. "Because if you are it's pissing me off more than making me laugh" she soon got up, crossing her arms.

"Why the hell would I be lying?" He questioned. He soon got up as it was now Shinso's turn to get pissed. "All I'm saying is that you wouldn't understand what it's like to be patronized by your quirk"

"Are you fucking serious? Of course I know what it's like to be patronized for my quirk!" She exclaimed. "I told you almost a month ago about it! People pressured me to try and be a hero! They were saying about how much of a waste my quirk is!" She almost yelled out.

"Yeah well, they're telling the truth" he said.

Hearing those words come out of his mouth hurt the girl very much as her heart stung a bit.

"You could be doing all this heroic stuff without being hated for your quirk!" He started. "I don't understand why you don't just become a hero instead of wasting something that's so great!"

Y/n stayed quiet as he only continued.

"You say that you don't want to be a hero yet you do all this shit as if you are a hero! You go to stop a fucking robbery, you brag about how fast and strong you are!" He placed around a bit as he talked, not noticing how much he was hurting the girl. "Honestly, I don't know why you don't make up your fucking mi..nd... " he soon stopped his ranting as he noticed how Y/n wasn't talking at all. Looking over at the girl, his eyes widened.

"Y/n..I-"

"Asshole..." she said to him before she flew off.

He watched as she disappeared into the night sky. His chest tightened as his mind replayed the scene before him.

This would be something he would regret for the rest of his life.

He made her cry