Chapter 6

Weeks passed and life had us all in our daily routines. I studied hard for my finals, which finally were over now and life on the ranch went its usual way. But something did change. Zayn and I were together a lot and he often came to pick me up and take me on cute dates, or we just hung out on here. I even got to teach him some horseriding which he at first was extremely scared of, but then he kind of liked it. We didn't really label what we were yet, but you could just assume that we somehow became boyfriends along the way. I still wanted to take things slow, our first night kind of set me into a state of shock and I didn't want to do that again until I felt completely ready for it although it had been fun, but Zayn was really understanding and the little innocent kisses that we always shared made butterflys dance in my stomach. He was just so charming and by now even Greg took a great liking to him, as the raven haired lad always made sure to also come and greet him and Denise, telling him where he would take me and always offered his help. Zayn was just one of those people that you couldn't not like and sometimes I just couldn't understand why he would like me, a 17 year old boy who grew up without parents.

To say it shortly, things had been going great and I couldn't really deny my feelings for Zayn anymore nor did I really want to. I would be finishing high school soon, so there would be nothing wrong with finally having a boyfriend.

Since about two weeks, I just felt extremely bad. Somehow I was always really tired and exhausted and even small tasks like cleaning out the stables took so much energy from me. I also felt nauseous all the time and although I hadn't really expressed my little sickness to Greg, he still knew something was wrong. It was late April now and usually by that time of the year, I would be out with Ginny for hours, not coming back until it almost got dark, but this year, I just didn't seem to have enough energy to do anything. Liam and Louis and also Zayn had noticed it too and expressed their concerns until I finally gave in and told Greg that i felt nauseous. My brother by now was pretty sure that I didn't do well with some kind of food and we were determined to find out what it was, experimenting with trying stuff and leaving things out, but so far we hadn't really figured it out.

This morning, when I got to the kitchen for breakfast, my schoolbag over my shoulder, even the smell of eggs got my stomach to twist. I scrunched up my nose and declined Denises offer of a bacon egg and cheese bagel, just settling for an apple instead.

"Are you okay, Ni?", Greg asked me, sitting down on his usual spot next to me, looking at me in concern. I nodded, putting my half eaten apple down on my plate and sighed.

"Just don't wanna go to school", I mumbled and he sighed. In the first weeks after the party, I had gotten a shit ton of stupid comments about that video that everybody had seen and although I wasn't really in the closet before, now everybody knew about me being gay. It's not that I was ashamed of it, I just had a problem with stupid people and in a high school, you were surrounded by those unfortunately. Greg knew about it, as I had cried to him one night about that one guy, who kept making bad jokes about me and one morning I found a paper sticking on my locker with my phone number on it. Under that it said "Arrangements for buttsex? Niall Horan likes it up the ass". That had been a very down day for me, so now I didn't feel all too great about going there when I felt a little under the weather anyways. Greg smiled at me softly, a loving look in his eyes and laid a hand on top of mine.

"Just ignore them", he said gently and I rolled my eyes because that was easier said than done. "They're all just losers who are unhappy with the way their lives are going and so they pick on people who seem like an easy target"

Right then, Denise carried her own plate full of smelly bacon and eggs past me and that was all it took for me to jump up and hurry over to the bathroom. Kneeling in front of the toilet, I emptied my stomach, tears running down my cheeks. I had always been such a baby when it came to being sick and throwing up was just the worst. Greg rubbed my back soothingly, until i just gagged and leaned back against the wall, breathing heavily.