Chapter 9

Weeks had passed and by now I was 3  months pregnant and you could say that I was a handful. Zayn always reassured me that it was fine and I shouldn't worry about it, but I always felt so bad after I went crazy about nothing and cried for two hours for no apparent reason. And then he had to leave to go to uni the next day and left me behind feeling sad and upset because i wanted him to stay and cuddle. Jeez, being pregnant was exhausting and wonderful at the same time.

It was May now and to say that I was glad when school would be done in June would be an understatement. I was already showing a little and at school I started receiving some nasty comments about being fat. I tried not to listen and of course I knew that it wasn't true but it still made me feel bad... I already felt like a weirdo and freak, considering I was growing a human in my belly but now people could see it and I felt pretty insecure about that.

"Baby, you alright?", zayn asked and looked at me from where he was sitting on the driver seat of his car, both of us on our way to my appointment with Dr. Jones. I was nervously fiddling with the hem of my shirt, but immediately stopped when he asked his question.

"Yeah, m'fine... just a bit nervous, s'all" He nodded, focusing his gaze back on the street. I knew that zayn was beyond nervous about the doctors appointment as he would be seeing our baby for the first time and I'm also sure he didn't know how to feel about going to the gynecologist with his boyfriend. I wasn't either but I guess we would get used to it.

I still felt extremely anxious to go to the hospital, it's just a place that held bad memories for me and when we walked through the doors I felt my throat closing a little. Zayn seemed to notice and held my hand a little tighter, sending me a small smile. 

It didn't take long until a nurse called us in from the waiting room, introducing herself as Nurse Adams. Dr. Jones was already there, smiling widely when she saw us.

"Niall, so good to see you again, you look well. Is that your...?", she trailed off and I laughed a little.

"Yes, that's my boyfriend, Zayn, the" I looked up at Zayn who smiled nervously. "The babys father"  She greeted him to, before telling me to lay down and pull my shirt up.

"I'll do the examination quickly and I'm sure you two have a lot of questions to ask, don't you?"

"Oh yes", i laughed, watching as she started the ultrasound and ran the wand over my belly for a while, before she turned the monitor around for us to see.

I immediately broke down crying when I got to see the little something inside of me. Zayn looked a little confused and I understood him, as it still didn't really look like a baby, but you could see his head and the little arms and legs.

"That's our baby", Zayn whispered, sounding amazed and I nodded. He pressed a kiss on the back of my hand that he held in his and we both looked at the screen as Dr. Jones showed us where everything was and I covered my mouth with one of my hands when I saw the babys cute little nose. 

After the exam, Zayn and I both set down at her desk and she handed each of us a printed ultrasound picture.

"Next time, we might already be able to see the babys gender", she then said and Zayn and I exchanged a look.

"I don't think we wanna know", I replied and my boyfriend nodded.

"This baby was a surprise from the very beginning so this will be a surprise too", he said and she nodded.

"Oh yes, I like that. Now, Niall, how have you been feeling? Is the sickness better? Any bleedings or other concerns?"

"Yes, I'm not sick anymore and overall I feel good... the moodswings are... uh... a lot for Zayn and my brother to handle" Zayn and her both laughed at that.

"It will get better soon before it will start again at the end of the pregnancy, I didn't mention it last time, as you were pretty overwhelmed with the news, but now I see you have a boyfriend and stuff, I'll tell you that sex is fine, good even, it will help you keep your emotions at bay a little" Zayn and I both blushed and I shyly grinned at him, his thumb softly rubbing circles on my thigh.

"Uh... yeah... we only did it once, so...", I trailed off and she looked surprised but didn't say anything about it.

"Okay, you don't have to, it's just... you might feel the want to do it, so I'll tell you that it is fine. Now, I've been talking to multiple doctors in the area, not mentioning your name of course, but they all say that this is a medical wonder, you're probably the first male to be pregnant since.. I don't know, 50 years, 80?" Her words made me feel quite uncomfortable and I didn't really know where she was getting with this. "We don't even know if this is something you inherited or if it is just a huge wonder. But what we do know is that it was visible when you were born, your parents must have known about it, there's no way this had slipped through the doctors exams. Which hospital were you born in?" I was taken back by her question.

"Here", I answered looking at her and then at Zayn with wide eyes. She shook her head.

"If this would have been the case, we would have records about it, we have records about every patient that has ever been here and the only Horans we've ever had were your parents, when... yeah... and your mother when she gave birth to your brother" I looked at her, my mouth hanging open.

"But... this is what everybody had been telling me, my brother said that too... he was here", I said slowly, my voice getting quiet towards the end.

"Sweetie", she replied and reached out for my hand. "I don't want to intrude or anything but as I already said, you're a medical wonder, believe me, if you would've been born here, I would know about it"

On the way home, it was silent, Zayn and I both caught in our own thoughts. At first, I just felt confused. Why would Greg and my parents lie to me about where I was born? But the closer we got to home, the angrier I felt. Why wouldn't they just tell me the truth?

When Zayn parked the car, I got out and slammed the door behind me. My blood was boiling and I had to try hard not to scream my brothers name out loud, when he appeared in the entrance to the stables, smiling when he saw us.

"Ni, how was-" He stopped, when I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him an angry look. "What is going on?"

"Uh, I'll be inside, love", Zayn said, disappearing as quickly as possible, not wanting to intervene in the yelling that was about to come.

"Niall, talk to me", Greg then pried and that was enough for me to explode.

"Why the hell did you tell me, I was born here in the hospital? Why did everybody tell me about this? Because I know I wasn't, Dr. Jones said it and I know she's right! So why, Greg, why are you lying to me? We never lied to each other!" Greg's eyes widened at my words and when I finished, he opened his mouth to say something only to close it again and took a deep breath.

"Ni... mom and dad didn't want you to find out, they said that I wasn't allowed to tell you..."

"About what?!", I snapped, when he paused for a while and he looked down at me, an apologizing look in his eyes.

"You're adopted"

- - - - - -
Felt like updating, so here we go :D
It's kind of short, I know, but we have the first pretty exciting moment in the next chapter, so hey, I'm excited
Thank you so much for reading and make sure to leave a little star, would make me extremely happy
xoxo Annie