Chapter 14

Marinette took the last bite of her breakfast and moaned at the taste "From now on only Adrien is going to cook, I am never going to cook again"

Chloe cocked one eyebrow up while she sat on a one sitter couch with her legs folded in Marinette's room "and how long this 'from now on' is going to last?"

Marinette halted in her movement for a second and side glanced at Chloe but didn't say anything.

But Chloe wasn't letting it go "So... what happened when I was away?"

Marinette kept the tray aside, not making eye contact "nothing happened"

Chloe scoffed "and like I am going to believe it. Something has had happened and you are not telling me"

Marinette sighed. She knew it's hard to convince Chloe "nothing happened for you to know"

"For me to know huh... don't tell me you couldn't resist his charms and he knocked you" Chloe visibly teased but yet Marinette couldn't help but blush hard.

"Don't you ever have anything else to talk about other than my love life" 

Chloe looked amused at her with a smirk on her face "love life? I think I was talking about your sex life"

The blush which was slowly leaving Marinette's cheeks returned.

Chloe leaned back in her seat comfortably and ordered "now spill"

The Blonde socialist earned a groan from her bluenette friend "seriously nothing happened chlo"

Still not convinced, Chloe pressed a little more and ordered "Spill"

Marinette pulled the sheets up and wrapped it around herself, hugging herself "remember last time when we talked on the phone I told you how we were back on good terms after our ice skating adventure"

Chloe nodded, encouraging her to continue.

"After that, everything was going well... until yesterday"

Concern was evident on Chloe's face "what happened? Did he say something to you... or you were the one who said something to him?"

"I am not sure, maybe I hurt him but I don't know how" Marinette buried half of her face in sheets.

Chloe walked and sat beside her on the bed, placing a hand over her shoulder.

Marinette continued "I took him to my office yesterday so that he can get a little familiar with the place in case he ever needed to come for me here but in between, one of my employee, Sara, knew him. Sara was blushing on seeing Adrien and he told me they have met a couple of times and it doesn't take to be a genius to understand what he meant. I didn't want Sara to have any wrong idea so I lied that he was there for the modelling audition which was taking place that day and Sara bought it but..."

Chloe gave her time to continue.

"But Adrien wasn't entertaining the lie well. He looked angry... but more frustrated. I tried to talk to him because I thought maybe he is concerned that he might mess it up but it was completely opposite Chloe. He was flawless like he has been doing this for years. He even understood Vincent's instructions without any problem"

That took Chloe by surprise. No one understood Vincent's weird instructions that easily... not at least on their first day.

Chloe continued listening to Marinette's rambling "I tried to confront him and you know when I looked into his eyes... I saw pain. He was hurting Chloe and I didn't know why. I wanted to help him but he wasn't ready to tell me anything"