Chapter 21

I highly recommend you all to read these previously occurred scenes in the book as they are going to be important for these new chapters. If you remember chapter 20 then you are good to go.

Also, play the song when told.

***

At chapter 20's starting...

She started fidgeting with her fingers, she said in a timid voice "it's just that... I wanted my first kiss with someone special... like very special someone... who- who might be the one for me... you know- ugh! you might be finding it so weird"

He wasn't finding it weird, at all. He was surprised to hear it from her. He used to think the exact same way when he was in high school and his other friends used to find it weird except for Luka.

He spoke out his thoughts "No. I don't find it weird, at all"

"Oh, you are just saying it so that I don't feel bad. Come on look at me, I am a 24-year-old woman who didn't even have her kiss... till now... while the women of my age might already have their first time and maybe even planning on getting married" she said, not believing him.

"First of all, you are different from all the women out there, and that also in a good way, and second, Will it help if I said that I used to think the same way?" he said.

Now it was her turn to be surprised "what?"

"I used to think the same way. If you don't believe me, ask Luka" he said.

She smiled at him indicating that she was believing him but then her face took a questioning look and asked "What do you mean by 'used to think'?"

"Well... I used to think the same way but when I started doing this job, I realized that first isn't that important. I mean, yes the first is still special and it's still special for you but it's just start-" he realized he was rambling when Marinette put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

He immediately melted under her touch and relaxed and then he said what he actually meant while looking straight into her eyes "It doesn't matter who was your first... what matters is... who will be your last"

"Last?" Marinette asked.

"Yes... last. The one who will hold your hands, support you in your ups and downs, hug you when cry, take care of you, accept you for who you are, kiss you, make love with you for rest of your life" he blushed while saying 'make love with you' yet he couldn't stop himself from imagining everything he said with her.

"You mean the one we marry" she said biting her lips.

"Yes... the one we marry" he said dreamily while looking in the eyes of the woman who he loves so much and unaware of the fact that she was dreaming about the same things as him.

At the ending of Chapter 20...

Luka started looking here and there and asked "where are Marinette and Chloe?"

"They went to the bar when Chloe asked Marinette if she is up for a round" Adrien told him.

"They what?!" Luka almost shouted.

Luka pinched the bridge of his nose and said "I think we both will be carrying two drunk asses back to home"

Which made Adrien ask "Is it that bad?"

"They have a good tolerance to alcohol but once they start their rounds, none of them stops until the other one looses" Luka said.

"We need to stop them now in that case" Adrien said making his way towards the bar.