Chapter 24

With nervous steps, Adrien came down to the living room with Marinette by his side, holding his hand.

He saw Marinette's mother in the kitchen making more french toasts. He turned his attention to the large man sitting on the couch with his hands folded over his chest, still glaring at him.

He looked at Marinette who gave him an encouraging smile. He slowly let go of her hand and walked to stand in front of her father.

When Adrien stood in front of him, he cleared his throat and said "Hello... sir. It's nice to finally meet you" He extended his right hand for a handshake.

On hearing the new voice, Sabine walked out of the kitchen to see what was happening.

Adrien saw the man unfolding his hands and with the same expression, he slowly rose from his seat and stood tall, looking down at him like he was gonna leash out on him.

Mewp, okay I am dead, I would never get to go on a date with my princess, neither get to marry her, or neither get to have a hamster which I always wanted and neither-, his train of thoughts came to an end when Sabine laughed and said "Okay Tom, that's enough. Look at the poor boy, Have some mercy on him"

Wha-

Suddenly the man who was scaring him to death had a huge grin on his face "Woah Ho! It's so good to finally meet you too, son", Tom roared in happiness and laughing he pulled Adrien into a bone-crushing hug.

Adrien slowly tried to hug back... emphasize on 'tried', as he was lifted off of his feet and it was becoming hard for him to breathe.

After giving a long and huge hug, Tom finally let go of him. Adrien stumbled back a little as he tried to catch his breath.

On seeing utter confusion clearly written over Adrien's face, Tom said "I am sorry if I scared you too much son. I know how people can get intimidated by me. On top of that, I remember how scared I was when I was going to meet my father-in-law, but there is no problem in having a little fun with it, right?" he winked playfully.

After catching his breath and processing what was really happening, it was Adrien's turn to grin with a wave of relief filled inside his chest "of course not. I just got scared thinking I made a first bad impression in front of you both, after seeing us... like that"

"Oh don't worry about it son. We are completely okay with it. Actually, it's good to know that Marinette took the step in her relationship" Tom whispered the last part to himself but still, they heard him.

But no one got to comment on it because Tom said "and what about my little princess, not going to give her papa a hug?" he opened his arms wide open.

Marinette practically ran into his arms and melted into the hug. And now that she was hugging her father, she realized just how much she missed him.

"you have no idea how much I missed you my little princess" her father said while engulfing her in a warm hug. 

"I missed you too papa, also I am not little anymore" she said.

"Ha! Liar" Tom said playfully and pulling away said "if you would've missed us then you would have come to meet us with this charming young man of yours"

Marinette pouted "I was busy, okay?"

On which her father replied "you always are"

Adrien turned his attention towards the older lady and smiling he said "hello Ma'am, I am Adrien, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you after hearing so much about you from Marinette"

"Oh dear I know who you are" Sabine said and pulled him in for a warm, loving, gentle hug. Adrien completely melted in the hug. Sabine's hug reminded him of his own mother's warm, loving hugs.