Chapter 34

"She fainted because of the rate by which she was bleeding. Her wound luckily wasn't too deep, she will be having a few stitches for now and we will remove it at her next appointment. With proper care, it will heal soon. We are also recommending this ointment to use after the wound is healed to lighten the mark it will leave"

Right now Adrien and Nathaniel were standing in a hospital and talking to the doctor who has treated Marinette.

Adrien had caught Marinette when she fainted and was quick on his wits to get her to the hospital. Nathaniel was the one who drove them here while he was holding and carrying her.

"She is conscious now and the nurse is also done with the stitches. You can take her home now after paying the bills. Make sure not to let her use her injured arm" The Doctor said.

"Thank you doctor" Adrien said while Nathaniel nodded at the doctor with appreciation.

The doctor left giving a small smile, leaving both the man standing there awkwardly.

"I... I am going to go and pay for the pills and get the car. You get Marinette" and with that Nathaniel left.

Adrien walked up to the door and taking a deep breath slowly opened it. He saw Marinette sitting on the bed while the nurse was instructing her about something. 

Adrien was having turmoil inside him right now. He just doesn't know what to do or what to say. Marinette is injured and he wants to take care of her but he doesn't know if she will let him. She might be angry with him right now.

The nurse lifted Marinette's bandaged arm to examine something which made her flinch in pain. Adrien had this sudden ache in his chest on seeing her in pain.

Suddenly Luka's words crossed his mind and he found himself trembling in fear. 

He... was... right

Luka had warned him but still, he exactly did what he shouldn't have.

He has hurt Marinette... badly

"Are you here to take the patient?" The nurse asked Adrien getting his attention back to them.

"Y-yes" Adrien tried to control his trembling voice. He needs to get ahold of himself, he can't be a mess now.

Marinette who hadn't been looking at him up until now suddenly had all of his attention on hearing his voice.

The nurse told him a few things to take care of her and then told him that he can take her now.

"N-Nath is waiting for us, we are ready to go" Adrien said.

Without a word, Marinette got up and walked out of the room. All the way to the car, Adrien was walking closely behind her, not touching yet making sure to hold her if needed.

He opened the back seat door for her so that she can sit comfortably and later sat in the passenger seat by himself.

The ride back to the hotel was suffocatingly silent for both the man. Marinette didn't say a word and didn't even look at them the whole ride. She was just staring out of the window without saying a word as if thinking something.

As soon as they reached the hotel and entered the lobby, all three of them saw Chloe and Luka rushing over to them while Chloe shouted "out of the way"

Chloe gasped on seeing bandages wrapped on Marinette's arm above her elbow, "How the hell did this happen?"

Chloe moved closer to examine Marinette if she was hurt anywhere else and gently grabbing her both cheeks she said "When Luka and I came back, we were searching for you guys but instead found that mess on the rooftop with a puddle of blood."