Chapter 6

Adrien stood in front of the orphanage with a box in his hands while marinette was grabbing another one.

She locked up her car and stood beside him while handing him the keys.

"Why are we here?" He asked.

"Well, I kind of every Sunday come here at this girls orphanage with treats and desserts, and today is sunday and I wouldn't have liked to break my little girls heart" she said.

"Wow... I mean really wow. I knew you were nice but this much nice..." he trailed off and sighed.

"You don't know anything about me" she said.

"Well, that's my mission... to come to know everything about you" he said bumping his shoulder with hers.

"Yeah yeah... and now listen, you will stay here" she ordered.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't want those little girls to have a bad impression from you" Marinette said half-jokingly.

"Hey! I am not a bad impression to kids, I am good you know" he said defensively.

"Just stay here and hold this box while I am carrying the other one, I will come back to take it from you and after that you can just sit in my car" she said and made her way inside the orphanage before he could protest even more.

When she went inside, she saw the orphanage caretaker, Hailey. She was a lady of middle age with brown short hair and hazel eyes.

"Oh marinette, I was hoping to see you" Hailey said while her face brightened on seeing her.

"And I hoped you would" Marinette passed her a smile.

"I see you again brought treats for the girls, you know they have been asking me since the morning when are you going to come? They have eaten up my brain" Hailey said dramatically.

Marinette chuckled "I can totally see that"

Marinette noticed a clipboard in Hailey's hand with a photo of a little girl whom she hasn't seen before.

She was about to ask who is she but Hailey interrupted her by asking "you didn't introduce me to this gentleman"

"What?" Marinette asked and then turned around to find Adrien standing behind her with a smile on his face, the box still in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" Marinette asked.

"Carrying the box for you" he said innocently.

She moved towards him and whispered "I thought I asked you to stay outside"

"Yeah I remember what you said... but I don't want to" he said.

Before she could say more Hailey said in between "oh! don't tell me he is your boyfriend, is he?"

"yes" Adrien said while at the same time marinette said "no"

Hailey looked towards both of them confused and then said "OK. So... why don't you ask your friend to come and join us. Maybe girls would like to meet someone new"

Marinette looked at Adrien while thinking about it.

"You heard the lady, girls would like to meet someone new. So, Hailey, I hope you don't mind if I call you that?" Adrien asked.

"Oh of course not" Hailey replied.

"Would you like to show me the way, I am new here as you know" Adrien said.

"I would love to" Hailey said and motioned him to follow her.

Before following Hailey he turned towards Marinette and winked at her on his victory.