Chapter 17

Yes... I am alive

The chapter is kind of short compared to previous ones coz as always I have been busy with college but still I hope you all are gonna enjoy it

^>^ Don't forget to like and comment, it makes my day ^>^

***

Adrien impatiently tapped his foot on the floor while sitting in the living room beside Luka on the couch. They were at Marinette's house while the said girl was in her room with her best friend.

Adrien was already worried sick for Marinette and as seconds passed by it was becoming even more difficult for him to sit quietly.

Chloe wouldn't let him enter her room or let him talk to her. Neither Luka nor Chloe are ready to tell him what was going on with Marinette while it was completely obvious they knew.

"You know you are going to dig up a whole in the floor if you continued tapping on the floor" Luka said as he sat on the couch calmly.

"Well, I am not as good as you on keeping myself calm so yeah... I can't help it" Adrien said still continuously tapping his foot.

He has been sitting here for an hour by now, "okay. That's it. I am going to Marinette even if Chloe won't let me in but I am going" he said standing up.

As soon as he said her name, Chloe came marching down by the stairs with heavy foot steps and grabbed his collar "I am going to ask again... What. did. you. do?" she asked him in a threatening tone.

"And I am going to say again for the 100th time, I. didn't. do. anything" Adrien said, not scared by her threatening voice. He continued "you will not even let me tell you what happened?! I-"

Chloe cut him off again like she did several times before "and I don't want to listen to you. Who knows you will tell the truth or not. And do you seriously think that I am going to believe a guy like you"

The last sentence said by her made him stop talking. By his expression, Chloe could tell she touched a wrong string inside Adrien by her words. Ugh! Luka's nature has rubbed on her really well.

Luka moved forward and removed Chloe's hand from Adrien's collar and said "Chlo, let him talk"

"But-" Chloe couldn't continue as Luka interrupted her "Chloe..."

Chloe finally agreed on listening Adrien's side of story and leaned towards Luka.

"Adrien... what happened?" Luka asked in a gentle voice.

"We were out at the grocery store buying some ingredients for the treats Marinette makes for the orphanage girls. We were just talking as she was picking up stuff and throwing in the cart as I walked with her but suddenly there was a change in her behaviour and mood which made me worried but before I could ask her she went to buy the ingredients. Later on, she asked me to carry the bags out after the counter lady places them in the bag and she will bring the car. I agreed to her and later when I went near the car I found her hitting a guy in his guts by her knees while he was holding on to her arm. He tried to hurt her after she hit him but I stopped him at the right time. He got a chance to run away after I punched him but when I turned back towards Marinette to check on her, she was on the ground crying and I instantly approached. I tried to talk to her but she didn't talk to me. She just kept on repeating some words and as I was thinking what to do next you guys came" Adrien told them everything what happened in a low voice. 

There was no more rage in his voice which he had before while he was fighting with Chloe. Chloe had to admit that it made her slightly worried about him but she was moreover worried about her best friend.