Chapter 11

The audition was over but now came the biggest task, choosing out the models. Marinette sat in the meeting room with the team, discussing everything. The recording of the audition was played and the team started pointing out flaws or plus points. 

Some had really good personalities where some had good expression and natural looks but they needed models who would go with the spring collection too, so they chose models keeping all the criteria in mind.

At the end of the recording when Adrien's face showed on the screen, everyone said it as a matter of fact that he should be on the chosen list. Many of them complimented. But Marinette knew she had to drop it so she made excuses like he was here for his first-ever trial, he is not sure about it yet.

That do raise some questions.

"How he can't be sure? he is so good"

"He looked like a professional"

"Even Vincent praised him"

Ha! like she didn't know.

Well talking about the said person, Marinette got a message from him before the meeting that she can continue with her work, no need to worry about him, he will be around. Just call him whenever she gets free.

After meeting, she went back to her office. 

The fashion show of the spring collection was next week so she had a lot of work to do. She made calls through landline to different departments of the company, asking to inform the chosen models as soon as possible, asking about the preparations for next week's fashion show and even about the after-party, and whatnot.

They already had the measurements of the selected model. As soon as the confirmation comes from them, the outfits would be made to their size but before that, she had to select which model is going to wear which outfit.

She didn't even realize that it's already past lunchtime, more than one hour. That wasn't new for her, she sometimes skipped lunch whenever she got too involved in work.

Right now, she was so much into her work that she didn't notice a blond slipping silently in her office with a parcel in his hand and sat on the couch which was kept in her office at a corner.

He watched her work for minutes. He noticed how her face scrunched in concentration or the way she stuck out her tongue whenever she doodled anything on her sketch pad or the times when she chewed on her bottom lip.

He saw the time and now it was past two hours from lunchtime. He wondered how many times it has happened that she skipped lunch intentionally or unintentionally.

He finally got up from his seat and placed the parcel on her desk. That caught her attention when something was placed in front of her.

She looked at the parcel and then at the person who kept it.

"Hey" he said smiling.

Moments from the day played in her mind. First, they were at their home *cough* *cough* her home. Then they reached here and everything was going well until she made the lie about him being here from modeling. He became more frustrated then a normal person would become at the situation and not to mention the pain in his eyes she saw earlier. His professional rambling and posing. He talked to her so rudely earlier:

"The mess you created is wrong and now I have to fix it"

He never talked to her in that way. 

She didn't show any expression and with a plain face turned her attention back to her laptop.

When he didn't get any response from her he tried again "you know that you skipped lunchtime, right?"