Chapter 25

Play the song when told...

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

***

"You suddenly fell awfully silent during the conversation with your parents, everything alright?" Adrien asked as they entered the orphanage.

"Yeah, everything is alright" Marinette said not making eye contact with him.

"You really think I believe that?" he asked.

Finally making eye contact with him, she asked "Why don't you tell me that why were you staring at an empty spot on the table with a smile like some maniac?"

"I will answer your question if you answer mine first" he said.

"Why are you so stubborn?" she asked him getting a little irritated.

"Look who's saying" he said mockingly and smirked in victory as he saw her glaring at him with her cute angry face. He just loved teasing her.

"You know what, I take my words back. I don't love you, I never saw you in my entire life" she said walking away to search for Hailey.

Gasping and following her behind he said "No! you can't do that. I thought our love was infinite, made in heaven. And you threw it away because I just teased you a little"

Shaking her head at his dramatics she said "you don't tease a little, you tease a lot"

"Oh, I tease you a lot" Adrien said, his voice getting lower.

Without noticing his tone she said "yes, you do"

Finally finding Hailey, Marinette opened her mouth to call her out but felt chills run down her spine in a pleasing way when Adrien said in her ear in a whisper "then I will make sure not to tease you anymore"

Without getting a second to get back her composure, Marinette heard Adrien call out Hailey who immediately smiled and made her way to them.

"It's nice to see you again Adrien" Hailey said as she approached them.

"Same here Hailey" he said.

"You know -" Hailey stopped in whatever she was about to say and asked "Marinette you okay?"

"I am completely fine" Marinette managed to let out as she elbowed a chuckling Adrien in his stomach.

"If you say so. As I was saying, Adrien, I am glad you came. Erica has been constantly asking for you" Hailey said.

"R-really?" Adrien asked surprised.

"Yeah. When you left last Sunday after that Erica did exactly what she promised you. She ate properly, came out of her room, and started playing with the other girls, she is doing really great now but she won't stop asking for you and would sometimes cry. I wasn't knowing if you would come again" Hailey said.

"Where is she now?" Adrien asked.

"She's in the playroom with the other girls" Hailey informed.

"Looks like I wasn't wrong when I said that there's one particular girl who did like to meet you" Marinette said.

As soon as they entered the playroom, Adrien felt someone crashing into his legs and tightly hugging them.

"Erica..." Adrien said as he placed the box in his hand down to hold the girl.

Erica let go of his legs as he bent on his knees to come to her level  "hey My Angel, I see you are keeping our promise"

"Y-you came back" she said in her soft and cute voice and Adrien found himself immediately melting. Till now there have been only two ladies in his life who made his heart melt, and now there is one little girl too.