17 - A different devil

Lechu's pov

" Lakshmi mark list is published in front of dean's room notice board. Your name is at top, Congrats girl.... " I was running towards the dean's room soon after I heard students talking about my fifth semester exam results are published. On the way I saw one of my batch mate and hearing what she said I was like in cloud nine. I was sure I will make in top five but not the very top. Oh my god...... Now only one semester is left which is not so hectic. After that I can help appa with our hotel business also do my MBA program.

It was a party day, celebrating my success and night out with my friends. I was so happy and called appa to share my happiness. He don't know his daughter is doing good with her studies. He is happy to hear at least I passed the exams. This is a surprise for him. During our convocation ceremony when my name announces as the best student of the batch I want to see his face also my little sister's who always show off of being a studious girl. Even though I had complaints with appa for not letting me go abroad for studies now I feel like his decision was right. I started enjoyed studying for the first time in my life. This place was so beautiful, University was so good, classmates, friends everything was nice. Rather than mugging up all things I was indeed learning things, even faculties were so good to me.

After dinner my friends and I were talking outside in front of the restaurant. That's when I got a call from Samay. A new friend of mine whom I met two, three months back during a food fest conducted by our batch. I was only three to help my friend with her food stall and ended up meeting Samay hearing him talking tamil.

A man with so good and warm personality. His smile was enchanting and his talks will make you feel to know him from years. While getting know about him we comes from same hometown , Thanjavur. I find him so interesting like a normal person. He came to Jalandhar for some work related matter. He is a software engineer, that's what he told to me.

Whenever Yuvi came to meet me during weekends I will forgot to make him introduced to Samay. We will be so happy together and meets only at weekends so we don't wanted any third party in between us, also Samay was not that much important topic for me. Once Samay called me and asked for a help. He need a place to spend that night because he wanted to leave for Srinagar next day morning. Hotels were filled and it was winter time so he couldn't stay in station. He had some works to finish before morning. After insisting a lot I had to agree for his request out of humanity. Also that night I was planned to stay with my friends in hostel room because of a  birthday party. 

I was staying in my own house at Jalandhar. Mom liked this place once they came here for honeymoon and as a gift appa brought this house for her. When I decided to study here I insisted that I will only stay in this house and of course in front of my stubbornness he had to agree with me. There was an old lady to help me with the chores so no other issues with that.

Everything was going well in my life and that night I got a call from Samay. I just went meet him in the name of our friendship but not even in my dreams I expected that night going to change my life forever. My love, my career, my happiness everything was destroyed in that night. My only mistake was I thought this world to be so nice if I am nice to others. But that's not true; there are people who want to take advantage of your kindness. Sometimes price you have to pay for it will be small but for me it was my life.

From there what I all I have to face, humiliation I got in my life, not even a ray of hope where it will all stop nor will I ever able to be happy in my life...... I don't know. One hope appeared in front of me was Dev, I thought he will be like divine messenger but no, he was a cursed evil who came to my life along with his problems. Each and every night I wish to god don't let me wake up from my sleep. I was that much fed up with my life. If I open my eyes then that's only for my appa and my sister.