63 - Who was my love ?

Dev's pov

When I want to be good no one wants to believe me. When I become heartless people wish atleast I have a heart . When I want to love a girl she doesn't wants to be with me. I can be good until they give me what I want or I will make their life into a hell.

I wanted to change for Lakshmi but she insisted the beast inside me. I hate this and I don't want to be like this but I am afraid that she will leave me if I didn't keep her with me. I don't want anyone to  snatch her away from me. She is mine only mine.

The way Parvathi mom was taking authority on her I am not liking it. She can take my Lakshmi away from me like she once tried to oppose Nisha and my relationship.

After dinner Lakshmi and I got ready to go back to our room. But Parvathi mom asked me to go first because she wanted to talk with Lakshmi. I got insecure so I stayed back and let them talk. It was getting weird sitting with my dad and there was nothing to talk inbetween us other than business matters.  How odd is this father and son relationship ? I never want my kids to be deprive from fatherly love. I wanted to be the most cool dad for them.

I heard dad correcting his throat to grab my attention.  I looked at him hesitantly.

" What is running in your mind Dev? " Dad asked. 

" Dad..... About Cosmos case issue, it will end soon. I know because of me our family name is getting tarnished but I promise I will make everything right. Until this time NIA couldn't find a valid proof against us. So it is simple to file a case against them for defaming Cosmos and our family. Then ...... About C city.... "

" I am not interested in what you do with your business. I asked what you are planning to do with Lakshmi ? " Dad cut me off by showing he isn't interested about business matters but he wants to know about my family plans, about Lakshmi and mine relationship ? Am I dreaming ? Dad is showing interest about my matters ?

" We are planning to get back dad. I could finally decide that Lakshmi is the girl who is going to be my better half. " I said happily.

" Whether you asked this to Lakshmi that she is interested to be your other half ? If not..... then you should ask her otherwise you are forcing her into an unhappy marriage life " dad advised me.

" What to do ? I learnt this from my father." I mumbled sarcastically.

" Let me ask you one thing dad,  Why you are still keeping Parvathi mom with you ? She should be set free from your grip because she is suffocating being in a relationship with you " I spatted back and that made my dad silent.

" Are you going to tell me yours is different and mine is wrong? " I asked before dad could ask the same. I wanted to show him that I am prepared to face any hurdles in my life to get Lakshmi back.

" No ..... I am not going ask anything but want to give one advice. You will get tired of easily being in a love which isn't reciprocating. " I understood what he said. But I am not ready to take that advice. I don't want to lose my hope.

My heartbeat increased when Lakshmi took lots of time to come back. I even feared Parvathi mom will try to brainwash her and Lakshmi will get an option to escape from my grip.

I stood from chair and stormed towards their room but before that Lakshmi came out with Parvathi mom.

" Looking at your smile I can guess there is something special." Dad said to Lakshmi who looked very excited.

" What is it ? " I asked to Lakshmi hiding my nervousness inside. She turned back and looked at mom. My eyes also fell on Parvathi mom's face to hear about the good news.