70 - Insecure Love

Writer's pov

Dev opened the huge file which was sent to him through mail. His heart was beating faster than ever thinking about what could be in it.  Soon after opening it he sighed heavily and fell back to his office chair. He rubbed his temples and scoffed sarcastically.

" Yuvi....  " He grunted Yuvi's name and then again looked at his system screen.

Yuvi has sent him the moments and memories he shared with Lakshmi when they were together. The file had photos, videos, messages, letters like almost everything two young couples could have done when they fell in love for the first time.

Dev couldn't understand whether to laugh at it or feel jealous. Even though it started off with  sarcastic laughter later it turned to jealousy. Lakshmi seemed so happy with Yuvi back then. They were enjoying their lives and it was well evident in their photos and videos. Most were travel videos. It looks like Yuvi and Lakshmi went to almost every place together like two free souls . They both were exploring their life.

" What are you doing now sweetie 😍 ? "

" Thinking about you my cutie pie ❤️🥰 "

Dev felt like throwing up just by reading two sentences of their cringey love messages.

" Whether these were stupids or I became matured? " Dev mumbled to himself while sliding to the next file.

After going through a few more photos and videos Dev's face colour was changing. He was not at all liking their closeness which they shared before. Yuvi sending these files to Dev at this night itself shows what he wants from Dev. A slight fear did pop up inside him whether Lakshmi will be snatched away from him. Insecurities inside him made Dev vulnerable.

Dev isn't like Yuvi. Moreover he is the reason for her dad's death even though he doesn't want that way. He doesn't know how to express love like Yuvi does. Dev doesn't take Lakshmi for such trips because he is always busy with the office. He hasn't even taken her for a good shopping even after knowing what kind of shopping freak Lakshmi is. Still that girl is staying with him without any complaints.  On the other hand Yuvi is trying to win over Lakshmi and get back to their old life. Yuvi is soft-spoken and witty. Everyone likes him and every girl adores him. Dev is rude and arrogant. Girls likes him for his money and his fuck boy lifestyle. For such girls his heart never craved.

Dev was sighing frequently going through these thoughts and looked at Lakshmi who was sleeping peacefully on his bed. They just started their life and he feels like it is going to fall apart soon. Dev stared at his phone for a few minutes and then connected with Yuvi.

" Come to the west garden" Dev said to Yuvi not letting him say anything back.

Dev was waiting for Yuvi in the garden. He seemed tensed and to calm his nerves Dev started smoking.

" You don't even know that Lakshmi hates people who smoke? " Dev got stuck when he heard Yuvi's voice from behind. He raised his hand to smoke but didn't.

" Who is telling this ? You were once a chain smoker. " Dev spat back.

" I was.... Not anymore. Lakshmi helped me to stop it. She will fold my ears if I even touch them. " Yuvi said, recollecting a  sweet memory from his mind. Like how Lakshmi used to scold him whenever she caught cigarettes from his bag or pockets.

Dev wanted to throw his cigarette but his pride doesn't allow that.

" I will come straight to the point. Tell me what's the meaning of that silly act you pulled? " Dev stood in front of Yuvi and asked in a rude tone.