52 - Unwanted lives

" Happy New year to all "

" I will sleep at 11.55 before every new year that's why early wishes "

Writer's Pov

Dev's office

Officer Smrithi Roy who came to meet Dev was inside his room and was  talking to him about the case. She seemed to be a very strict and poised lady who got daggers in her each and every word.

" You didn't expect me here soon right Mr Rathore ? "

"You pulled all the strings you have to stop this investigation, alas..... Nothing worked. " Officer talked to Dev while walking around his office looking at the art works hung on the walls. She always had a smirk on her face while talking with Dev. Gaurav and Dev... both were present in that room. Dev was sitting on his chair and Gaurav was sitting on couch watching this lady's every move and words which feels like something is hidden behind it.

" If this Smrithi has kept her hands on a case then without going into it's other end I won't back off. " Smrithi came and stood in front of Dev supporting her both hands on table and said to him.

She was a prejudiced woman, she already has some prejudice over Dev as well as with the whole Rathore family.

Why shouldn't she become prejudiced ? From the day they are requesting for an open investigation on Cosmos and three young bloods from Rathore family there will be always pressure from their superiors to stop it. Once they had to close the case within two days which they started secretly. Smrithi was angry over Rathore family especially on Dev for using their political influence to avoid the investigation. If they are avoiding it then that means there is something wrong.

" Mam, I think you have some prejudice over this case. We were always ready for an investigation because I am sure that this accusations case on Cosmos is ridiculous and someone made it up to tarnish our family name " Dev said to officer.

" Mr Rathore, do you know why I came to meet you first before starting our job and that's to your office only? " She asked to Dev

" Because you are the master brain behind all these. Isn't that Anand Mishra your soon to be father in law ? From there it starts all my doubts on you. For a corrupted politician a best son in law..... what a combination. Both of you are planning to destroy this country forever ? " She asked in s sarcastic tone.  Dev was not at all liking the way Smrithi was talking to him.

" Mam please...... Without any proof you can't accuse people. Also, right now you are in my office and that's for a causal talk. So  if you want me to corporate with you then I expect the same from your side or go and bring official notice.  That time I will move to a side and let you do your duty. " Dev said to Smrithi getting annoyed by her arrogance and biased talks.