"Okay, promise me you won't do something that crazy obsessive fans do when they get jealous."

"Okay, what? I don't understand-"

"I'm staying at Braxton's house for the past two months."

Jade's mouth was already open but when she comprehended what I said, her mouth further dropped.

"What did I just hear?"

"That I'm staying at Braxton's house."

"Hah." She laughed. "Nice one."

"I'm not kidding."

"Shut. Up."

When she saw that I wasn't going to burst out laughing and say 'I got you', she dropped her smile. "Wait, you're freaking serious?"

I nodded.

"Girl, you better fucking tell me what is going on or I swear I'll gouge your eyes out for even breathing in the same space as him."

"Jade."

"What?"

"Please remember your promise."

"Oh."

I told Jade everything from the beginning up until what I thought about Ajax.

"I still can't believe you have been living with Braxton for two months now and never told me," She said after I was done.

"I knew you were crazy about him so I didn't want to get myself into trouble with you. I know how scary fangirls can be. I didn't want to deal with that."

"So why did you tell me now?"

"Because you aren't blinded by your love for him and you're the type of fangirl who can accept the fact that he can fall for any girl that isn't you. You're very mature about this."

"Thanks. Well, Ajax sounds like an asshole. I haven't ever met the guy. Braxton never talked about him but from what you've told me, I don't like him either."

"I don't know what's up with him but I don't like that he is Braxton's friend. Braxton is so sweet and kind everything Ajax isn't. I'm just waiting for him to go away. He's really rude."

"I know. Like how dare he suggest that you're staying there to get into his pants! He doesn't deserve to be Braxton's friend. I'm sure he's only using him to get a contract with the company who signed up Braxton."

Talking to Jade brought up many memories with Frida and Eli. We used to talk about people we hated like how I was doing with Jade. It was such a stress reliever for me because in some sense I felt like I was fighting back those people who treated me badly.

"What are you girls up to?" Jude came up behind us, effectively spooking us because we didn't hear him come close.

"Just a guy in my college who is crazy after my friend who I like." Jade didn't even hesitate before lying. I was thankful for her quick thinking because I could never lie in a few seconds. The less people who knew about my living arrangements, the better.

It wasn't that I didn't trust Jude. He was really helpful and treated me like a sister but it was just that I didn't feel close enough to him yet to share something like that.

Jude groaned. "It sucks how I have fight two genders to win your affections. It's like double the competition."

"Nobody has told you to win my affections."

"Alas, th heart wants what it wants," he said dramatically.

"Well, the heart doesn't always get what it wants. Like I've said a thousand times before this, I just don't see you that way."

He hissed and put a hand over his heart as if her words had pierced him physically. "I have a chance as long as you're single! I've not been defeated yet!" He declared loudly.

I quietly shushed him. "We're in a library."

"You should join theatre," Jade commented.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!