46💉

jinkyong took a deep breath as she walked across the cafe, walking past the group of her friends who were giving her thumbs ups

jinkyong took a deep breath as she walked across the cafe, walking past the group of her friends who were giving her thumbs ups. renmei and ning were standing right behind her with minjung and jihoon sitting down at a table next to the young adults.

the staff had bowed to the royals respectfully, clearing out and closing the whole cafe so that it was just them and no outsiders.

she spotted jinah, more nervousness spreading throughout her chest as they inched closer to the table she was sitting at, drinking out of her tea cup and looking out of the window.

"ah jinah." the girl said quietly, grabbing the said woman's attention. "oh you're here. i came a bit early, i hope you don't mind." jinah smiled up at jinkyong who shook her head, showing she didn't mind.

the woman's attention couldnt help but drift behind jinkyong, making eye contact with renmei and ning. "oh my gosh i haven't seen you guys in ages!" she exclaimed, standing up from her seat to hug her friends. "how have you been? how's business?" ning beamed at jinah, rubbing her shoulders.

"it's been good, better then ever really. everyone seems to love alt street wear these days." jinah laughed, shaking her head. "so if you don't mind me asking, why did you come with jinkyong?" she raised an eyebrow looking back at the short haired girl who was smiling slightly.

"well uh, there's been some complications. i saw that and wanted to fix them right away especially because she's now the girlfriend of my son." renmei explained, looking back at renjun who was watching intently and then to jinkyong who was blushing profusely.

"the boy you were swooning over was the prince of the underworld? you go jinkyong." jinah gasped, sending a teasing smile to the said girl. jinkyong could only hide her head in her hands out of embarrassment.

"so basically we've brought someone, you may not recognize him at first but uh you might want to sit down." ning instructed before walking over to grab an annoyed jihoon. jinah did as she was told, sitting down leaving renmei and jinkyong to be the only ones standing.

ning came back with jihoon trailing behind her reluctantly. "okay jinah, meet my father jihoon. dad, meet... my mother." jinkyong introduced hesitantly, earning confused faces from both the adults.

but quickly, jihoons face went blank, looking at jinkyong for a second before his expression changed into a painfully guilty one.

but jinah just couldn't- it was as if something was on the tip of her tongue. she looked in the direction the man was looking, it was jinkyong, standing there with a scared and hopeful expression.

her eyes trailed down to where jinkyongs black shirt had dipped a bit, showing some of her upper chest. the main thing that caught her eye, was a beautiful necklace with a sapphire gem at the end of it.

then it clicked.

a gasp emitted from jinah as jihoon walked closer to jinkyong. "i am so sorry. i was horrible to you. we kicked you out at only 17 with nothing, we ignored the fact that you had an eating disorder... i'm such a horrible father." he shook his head in guilt.

jinkyong couldn't say anything. she was too shocked by the fact that it had worked. overjoyed in fact.

"you put her through all of that?" jinah spoke, looking up at jihoon with a surprisingly calm face. "not him, her." renmei interjected, pointing to minjung who looked like a dear in headlights when she saw jinahs piercing red eyes looking straight into hers, as if she was transparent.

but she didn't say anything, only standing up to move towards jinkyong.

jinah wordlessly engulfed her daughter into a hug, catching the girl off guard. she went silent. "i'm so sorry you had to go through that. no child should." jinah sighed, rubbing her back. jinkyong didn't know what to say, surprised at the sudden motherly feeling.

she hadn't felt so euphoric for years. "was it scary?" the woman asked quietly, not letting go of the tight hold she had. "i'm so proud that you stayed strong." and with those words, jinkyong bursted into tears, hugging her mother back.

she needed that. for so many years she had needed that. a mother figure to tell her that she was capable of surviving because she was strong.

she needed the clarification that she could move on with life because at some point she had really pondered if she should.

after a few minutes of crying from the both of them, jinah pulled away to look at her daughter with a smile. "oh baby." she cooed, wiping jinkyongs tears as the girl laughed through them. "so did minjung actually tell you about your real name or is she that low?" jinah questioned, earning a lost look from her daughter.

"real name....?" jinkyong trailed off , sniffing as she did so. "i'll have to teach that woman a lesson." the vampire muttered, shaking her head. "i originally named you soojin. kwon soojin, you were my child for about a week but i knew minjung would find out." she sighed, caressing the girls hair.

"soojin?" jinkyong coughed out, eyes wide. "wow that is such a bad ass name compared to jinkyong." she laughed. "shut up you brat." minjung called out.

"who even un muted her." donghyuck rolled his eyes, glaring at the woman.

BRIWBFIW AHA HA JINKYONG IS ICONIC BUT SHOULD I START CALLING HER SOOJIN INSTEAD?