22💉

i'll put a trigger warning here! this chapter includes the topic of anorexia. please if you don't feel comfortable with this topic skip it
i would like for my little strawberry cows to stay safe and healthy❤️❤️

 please if you don't feel comfortable with this topic skip it i would like for my little strawberry cows to stay safe and healthy❤️❤️

they continued to string jinkyong and jisung along until they were at the back of the school.

"you're lucky he didn't pounce back." nina hissed at her cousin, an annoyed expression. "well if he did i would've drained him. simple." renjun said nonchalantly.

"not simple. that's why its bad you bimbo. we're supposed to keep down low profiles being the royal children of the fucking underworld. are you stupid or dumb?" the girl rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"not like they would tell anyone. i wouldn't give them a chance."
"guys jink-"
"you can't just go and kill random seniors at school!"
"they weren't random! and why not?"
"because you fucking airhead. the angels are already fed up."
"um jinkyong pass-"
"not to mention god is continuing to complain." nina shouted, her eyes glowing dark red.

"who cares?" renjun scoffed out, his bratty side making an appearance. "last time my uncle got so fed up with gods complaints he made me jisungs demon guardian. sorry babe but legit that was so tiring." she sighed, sending an apologetic look to jisung.

but she did a double take, looking at jisung who held jinkyong in his arms. "holy shit. jisung why didn't you tell us she passed out?" nina gasped, going to look at jinkyongs face.

"gee i most certainly didn't try." the younger said sarcastically, loking at renjun who involuntarily froze at the sight of jinkyong falling limp in jisungs arms. "well we haven't got all day jun. help us." nina sighed, carding a hand through her hair.

"we'll go to my house then." renjun said, taking jinkyong into his arms bridal style and quickly teleporting to his house.

💉

the girls ears rang as she sat up, her head throbbing and eyes squinted, adjusting to the light. she groaned, holding her head in her hands.

just then the door opened, revealing two bickering bodies. she stayed quiet, not knowing where she was. but she recognized the voices.

"but then why would she do that?"
"you ask like i fucking know!"
"well you're a girl so."
"just because i'm a girl doesn't mean i know why she was starving herself bimbo." nina smacked her cousin over the head before turning her head to jinkyong who had just let out a small sneeze.

"you're awake! are you shitting me jin!? you made me do a panicky thing- i didn't like it." nina hissed, moving to the younger girls side. jinkyong chuckled softly, looking down to her fingers that were fiddling with each other.

"nina can you give us a minute? i need to talk with jinkyong." renjun said quietly, but loud enough for both girls to hear. jinkyong became nervous and prepared herself for the questions she was to receive, such as: why did you do it, what made her feel this way, etc etc.

the room was quiet, neither of the two daring to speak. that was until renjun sighed, standing next to the bed, shoving his hands in his jeans pocket.

"be honest jinkyong, do you want to die?" she was taken aback by his question, not having expected for that to come out of the elders mouth. she had expected reason or snarky comments on how pathetic she was.

the girls eyes fell to her lap as she gulped. "it's different. i'm not depressed if that's what you're thinking." she spoke after a small moment of silence. "more like, it's a way of me- this is going to sound weird." she sighed, throwing her head back so it leaned against the headboard of the bed she laid in.

"i used to um... i used to have-" jinkyong cut herself off, trying hard not to let her emotions get the best of her. she didn't want to seem anymore weak then she already was in front of the vampire.

renjun only gave a blank stare, and although his face didn't show anything, his heart and mind were running with worry. this was his human, quite frankly the first human he actually kind of enjoyed having around. it was new for the vampire prince, he didn't like the feelings he was having.

"you don't have to tell me kyo." "i used to have anorexia." she blurted out after he sat on the bed, the boys lips parting as he let out a small 'oh', not knowing how to respond.

"when i was around 7 to when i was 11 i uh, well i was pretty chubby. i hated it, being called fat and other names i don't even want to think about." jinkyong began to fumble with her fingers.

"soon i became obsessed with the way i look. i would go out to the market with my mum and see other girls my age that were so much prettier and skinnier then me and just thought that because i didn't look like them i was ugly and worthless. so, i did what basically any girl going through that weird elementary to middle school phase did and starved myself."

renjun listened quietly, letting her explain herself so he could understand everything. he wanted to be able to understand the girl because that's the one thing he couldn't seem to do with her was understand. understand why she did the things she does.

"by the age of about 15 you could practically see my rib cage through my skin. and to think i was proud of that. to think that i thought that because i looked like one of the skeletons from the spooky scary skeletons music video, i was finally beautiful." she chuckled humorlessly, shaking her head at her past slef.

"i realized that what i was doing wasnt healthy after i passed out by myself multiple times. but it was when i passed out in my history class in highschool, that i was finally admitted to one of the hospitals and was diagnosed as anorexic. my parents could care less- they actually scolded me because they had to pay for my hospital bill." hearing this from jinkyong made renjuns blood boil.

how could her parents be so heartless? "at 16 they kicked me out so i had to find more jobs then the two i had already had. that's when i started working at the cafe with liz and meili. those two helped me recover a lot. i took medication everyday, i still found myself monitoring calories but i ate what the doctors said i should. and from there everything was good." she smiled, but it wasn't her usual smile that'd make her dimples fall deep into her cheeks or her eyes sparkle.

it was more empty. "that was until i started obsessing over my looks again after becoming friends with hayoon... i mean i know i always act like this sassy bitch that thinks she's better then everyone but i have my insecurities. and hayoon knows exactly how to use those and completely burn my little confidence." it then went silent again. jinkyong was mentally cursing herself for having spilled so much to a boy that probably hated her.

"it's not healthy for me to be drinking your blood if you're malnourished. do you know how fucking dangerous that is, jinkyong?" renjun creased his eyebrows, the mini amount of care for her he had being activated.

jinkyong kept her head low, nodding. "i didn't think you would care about that though." she said quietly, earning a sigh from the older. "you've grown on me jinkyong. not much but enough for me to not want to kill you.. that much." renjun said slowly, picking his words carefully.

"is this huang renjun showing care?" the girl teased, raising her eyebrows. "shut up you ogre." he hissed, barring his fangs. "okay no need to throw a hissy fit mr. cullen."

they were interrupted by renjuns door opening, nina appearing in the crack of the door. "um renjun-ge." the girl said unwillingly. "nina the only time you call me ge is when... please tell me...." renjun sighed, pulling a hand through his hair.

"yeah your parents are here."

wope that was a long chapter but anyways i decided to call y'all strawberry cows because i can and my friends call me cow so teehee

also i realized a lot of y'all are culties 😳 i am proud of myself for having hyuckscult stans reading my books top tier achievement