Chapter 22

WARNING: DEPICTIONS OF BULLYING

Wonwoo opened his eyes and found himself lying in a dark cellar somewhere at a corner. His mind turned fuzzy, and his breathing became heavy.

He sat up. What was going to happen to him? Did he have to go through all that again?

Did he have to re-experience those painful moments?

Did he not deserve a break?

Did he-

NO!

NO!

NO!

Wonwoo chanted that repeatedly in his head as he saw those three- Sanghyuk, Woojin and Jihyun – make their way towards him and he felt that familiar dizzying fear flow through him.

They had those same, mocking, sardonic and cruel smirks on their faces as they eyed every bit of him. Looking into his fear and already exploiting him.

He was back at his school, at that same corner. That corner where no one went. The corner they didn't even know existed.

"AH!" he yelled in terror more than pain as he was roughly slammed against the wall, a video camera shoved on his face as the three held him against it, making obscene remarks about them.

Hot tears flowed down his eyes as he relived each and every deadly second.

"Stop!" he begged uselessly as they kept throwing punches and kicks at him. "STOP!"

"Hey! What do you wanna do to him this time?" one of them asked.

"Hmmm?" they looked at him, evil written all over their faces. "Wonwoo, you know the bathroom of the basement? Where no one goes to?"

"Oh! I see where you're getting at."

Wonwoo's eyes quivered and he fell to the ground. Fear and paranoia taking over him. The world around him blurred and then he got enveloped into darkness.

*

"So all we had to do was burn the damn diary?" Junhui whispered. "The diary is the cursed object?"

"This was so obvious!" Sungcheol said, frustrated, "Let's burn this diary. Then we can stop his sacrifice as well."

"Jisoo hyung!" Chan said, "Can you cast a spell on the lighter, using your cross? I mean... can you do something like that?"

"I have seen my Pastor do it a couple of times. But he uses other things as well!"

"We need to act fast. Time is less." Mingyu picked up the diary. "It says they're preparing for the sacrifice!"

"Oh no!" Jisoo pressed his cross against the lighter, "I can try to recite a few prayers. I hope it works!" and he did. With all his heart. It was for everyone! It was for Seokmin, Jihoon, Minghao and Wonwoo. He had to!

He opened his eyes and passed the lighter to Junhui, "I hope it works."

Mingyu took in a deep breath and threw the diary in front. Dawn had started to set in and a little light was entering the room.

Junhui breathed heavily and opened the lighter and threw it on the diary, watching with bated breaths as it erupted into flames. Was this really the way one could break a curse?

The room got filled with grey smoke burning their eyes and noses. But it was a beautiful burn. This was their last hope. They watched the cursed object burn and crumple until it was only ashes.

And then something happened! The entire atmosphere of the house changed.

Doom, despair, fear and sadness got replaced with happiness, hope and peace!

Had it worked?

The sun was fully out and rays entered the room illuminating it. The house was a beautiful one! With its cream coloured wallpapers and bright red carpet. With those intricately carved furniture. It was beautiful!

Seungkwan shakily walked towards the windows and held onto it. He looked back at the others, everyone reflecting hope. Then he pushed the window to the side!

It opened!

The window opened and fresh air rushed in making the 8 boys smile wide. They could feel the cold wind on their skin. Another gust came in, making them squint their eyes as their hair flew back. It felt so amazing! It felt beautiful! They were free! It felt like being reborn.

The curse was broken!

"Let's find the others now!" Soonyoung said, more enthusiastically than intended.

"Oh! You know the closet Minghao opened with the key?" Junhui asked, holding in a laugh, "Let's go check there!"

They went inside the living room. Nervousness being replaced with excitement.

But they stopped short as they saw a body lying there.

"S-Seokmin!" 

A/N: This book is coming to an end.

Stay safe everybody!