Chapter 21

THUD!

The diary fell from Wonwoo's hands as Mingyu threw it aside.

"Wonwoo hyung!" he grasped his shoulders and shook him, "What is it?"

Sweat trailed down Wonwoo's nape as he repeatedly thought of what it said. Will be sacrificed. He'd have to be sacrificed! Was that the only way to save the others?

How would he be sacrificed? Would he have to go through everything Remi had, before dying? Would he have to go through that again? Would he have to go through worse?

NO! He couldn't! This wasn't right! There had to be a mistake!

Mingyu stared, speechless, at Wonwoo. He didn't even look human with how scared he was. He looked like a corpse. A fresh dead body. "Wonwoo hyung!" he shook him again, "Please! What is it?"

Wonwoo looked up at Mingyu, his voice a hoarse whisper, "I need to be sacrificed."

"What!"

"I-I need to be sacrificed, Mingyu! That is- that is what it says- I- I need to-"

"HYUNG!" Mingyu shook him more desperately, "Hyung follow my voice! Please stay with me! Listen to me, hyung!"

Wonwoo looked up at him again only half registering what he said. He felt disassociated. Light, like was floating, yet weighed down.

"Listen we're all here. None of us will let you go, alright? You'll stay here, with us. No one is going to be sacrificed. Okay?"

Wonwoo held his hand tightly and nodded.

Soonyoung wrapped an arm around Wonwoo, "We're all here."

And they moved forward to the foyer. There was a powercut outside so the street lights weren't illuminated. The only source of light was a huge, Victorian chandelier at the centre.

CRASH!

Deafening noise filled the room as the chandelier fell at their feet, glass pieces spraying everywhere, falling on each of them. The lights broke and darkness settled.

"FUCK!" someone switched on his phone flashlight. "Is everyone here?"

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu looked beside him... but there was no one!

"OH MY GOD! WHERE IS WONWOO?"

"I WAS HOLDING HIS HAND!"

The 8 boys erupted into panic. The thought of one of them being used as a sacrifice hitting them to the core. They couldn't lose him! They couldn't!

"NOW WHAT!" Mingyu clenched his hair, "I promised him so many times but now!"

"WAIT!" Jeonghan screamed above their voices, making silence settle, "I think I know the cursed object!"

A/N: How's everything guys? 

My classes started 3 days ago and it sucks :)